Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
borchawk1

resorts with decent houses?

12 posts in this topic

planning on going up the last Thursday of the month and was wondering if anyone knows a decent resort that has sleeper houses. Finally convinced my wife to go up. Are there any rentals out on 8-mile flat? Any info would be greatly appreciated as she is always happier when she's catching fish (who isn't?) wink.gif

Since your wife is going and I'd suspect you'd want a nice cozy house, I'd go with McQuoids or Macs Twin Bay. Ask for their 2 for 1 deal too.

Dave do you have any info on Lybacks resort. How there houses are doing fishing. I got the report from Cindy, but I was just curious if anyone else heard of some good places to fish

I would second using Mcquoids, very nice houses!! Going up wed to stay with them.

I'll also give a thumbs up to McQuoids. They have very clean houses and take good care of you while you're out there. My wife and I went up there with some other friends and couldn't have been more pleased with the quality of the housese. You may end up paying a little more but it's all worth it.

catchnmall, no, sorry I don't.

Going up Friday to stay at Lybacks. Hope the fish are still biting in the cold weather

I'll Ditto the vote on McQuoids. Very nice houses. Used to rent from them all the time. We now have our perm out of Macs Twin Bay, they are great people. They also have indoor facilities (pottie rooms) this keeps the ladies happy especially at -20 to-30 degrees. grin.gif Good luck, Bill

Has anybody rented a house from Brandts? I am going up there this saturday. Are there houses on good spots?

I like your avatar Chevy. Personally I like what Randy did in that picture. After all the packer fans didn't let up at all after last weeks ordeal.

Quote:

I like your avatar Chevy. Personally I like what Randy did in that picture. After all the packer fans didn't let up at all after last weeks ordeal.

that goes double for me! Thanks for all the ideas everyone, at least now I have some places to call. The wife is starting to get cold feet on the trip so I will have to convince her that the house will be nice!

Use the "Resort Locator" up on the top of this page. Find McQuoid's link and take a look. And, she'll be convinced pretty easily. Also, the place will be warm and ready for your arrival.