Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WILDEYES

Little Rock Report

6 posts in this topic

Fished today 1/10/05 from 10:30-2:00. Caught limit of Perch ranging from 9"-12" fishing in 14 fow (Did a lot of sorting) ...also caught a couple cigar Walleyes mixed in with the Perch.

Was wondering if there are any decent Walleye bites in this lake? I would like to know time of day and depth of water and best time of year preferences.

I've fished the North end of the lake (out from the benton beach access) with spotty results. Uusally I go and will fish from about 3:00 to 7:30pm. Always will end up catching few fish. Perch, crappies, and walleyes. Usually walleyes range about 14"-16". Occasionally I will get a limit of eyes, when the bite is hot. Where did you go out of, my guess is that if you stayed there and fished at night you may be able to pick up a couple eyes.

Are they driving trucks out from the Benton Beach access yet? A couple of weeks ago I was out on the Rock and noticed people pulling fishhouses out from somewhere on the west side. Is that access open to the public?

Thanks,

Nels

Stellarfisher ,I've been going out of the county park access. Went out again this a.m. and did well on the Perch again, pretty much the same location as before. Just trying to stay away from the crowds. I will have to go in the evening and give it a go. Thanks for the imformation. cool.gif

Nells-Bells I havent gone out from the Benton Beach access but I have seen plenty of vehicle traffic in that area. I know that everywhere that I have been the ice has been over 2ft thick.

Little Rock Lake has four acess that i am aware of that are open to the public. The north end has benton beach, the west was the old paper mill (St. Regis)which is now a park, the south has a dirt road that comes off sucker creek road, and the state owned landing off highway 10. i have dirven on from all these except the highway 10. This one might be questionable because thats the channel that connect the lake to the river. I was fishing out there on monday on the west side and caught a few perch. I was catching a few crappies and walleyes out there a week ago but they moved out. I was fishing in 16 FOW. Theres lots of people fishing on the east side. Just wondering if anyone has had sucess there for some walleyes/crappies. Any info would be good. Thanks a bunch good luck!

The East side is dry. I talked to several people yesterday afternoon when I was out there and ony a couple perch have been caught by them or their families/friends. I fished it from about 3 til 7 and didn't get a nibble. I guess the North end by Benton beach and the south side of the main part of the lake are doing so-so.