Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

northernnels

S.t. do you have any ideas on grand I was in 17 fow and it was slow then we moves it to 10 fow . there we got northerns and it has slowed down. do you think the oxygen is depleating for them? do you think they are moving deeper? We haven't got a walleye all winter and only one perch. confused.gif the northern have been in the 30" range and fun to get. any ideas about depth would help I also told my Buddy we should get away from the crowd. grin.gif Thanks in advance Nels

Surface Tension

Nels, if you haven't gotten into any eyes or crappies I would move. Things have slowed a bit for me where I'm set up but we're still getting some eyes and crappies. Your kinda in the middle of the pack so a move to the outside and on the fringe of the deep water would be a good move.

I can't complain about the number of houses out there since I'm one of them. grin.gif The best bite overall has been after dark but theres some days the day bite is just as good. If you want to do a little hunting for new water out there let me know. I might just pull up and move too.

andy j

If you are getting only big pike then that might explain why you are not getting walleyes and crappies. If big pike are in a area there usually is much of anything else. They don't want to get eaten.

northernnels

ST I was out there from 6:30 till 9:30 Monday night and zippo not a bite there were about 6 other guys out. If its not to cold Saturday I think I am going hunting for new area. maybe east toward the tower. Ive heard there are spring on grand do you have any idea where?

northernnels

Thanks andy j: I was thinking the same thing. but they sure are fun. grin.gif Nels

Hexum

Just got back from Grand. Not a bite in 4 hrs. We were at about 12 feet, thinking of moving the house deeper tomorrow.

Papa Woodie

Bad news man! I was hoping anyways.

I think i am taking off work around 3 or 330 or so and heading out to Grand tomorrow. If you come out later than that, give me a call on my cell. Hopefully i will have some good news for ya!

Hexum

Right on. Maybe I can sneak out of work early and find some deeper water. I wish I had my Vex would be a little easier

Papa Woodie

I might twist my left hand enough and purchase an aqua-vu tomorrow before i head out. Some units i know tell depth, so.....who knows.

Maybe i will have some beginners luck on Grand!!!

Hexum

That would be cool Papa. I might have to pick up some new blades for the auger as well its getting pretty dull. Do you have one you can bring?

Papa Woodie

I have a 6" hand Strikemaster...pretty sharp...i'm bringing it with....

If you need it....its all yours.

Hexum

You have aol instant messenger? If so msg me I am laba311

Phone is dead on the charger...

northernnels

Hexum wear abouts were you fishing I left about 9:15 I have the old tent trailer with the American flag on it Im right next to the plowed read.by the y in the road. I talked to two guys in s shack that is for sale. nice shake too. Nels

Hexum

Northern that was us! If you are out tonight come stop by again, we should be out by 5:30 or so. Papa - Cant get out of work early but I will call you when we get out.

Papa Woodie

ok. I'm still going to get off of here around 3-330 or so and head up. Probably going to bring a few sticks of deer sausage and grill 'er up. If you want to grill something...i'll have it with

Did you find a way to make some skids for the house?

Hexum

I have some ideas, but I dont want to mess with it in the dark. I would have loved to get the shack moved before the snow tonight but oh well. I will bring some stuff out to grill also. Do you have a ice chisel? I lost mine and it was not fun getting the holes open in the house without it.

Hexum

Might try grand again on Sat morning. Anyone go out there today? Have they plowed the ice roads yet?

northernnels

Hexum My buddy Mike was at Grand today about 11 am He said that some one plowed the road but it was wind blown in places. its cold so be carefull. it wont take long for a gut to get ints trouble. Im going out sat noon and will have my plow on Nels

Hexum

Nels - thanks for the info. I will stop by and say hi on Sat

Papa Woodie

I hope to be out next weekend Brett. I'm out of comission for the week. I blew the transmission on my truck pulling a (Contact US Regarding This Word) tow truck out of the ditch.

He was called to pull a cop out that was stuck, and he got stuck doing it. Didn't even get the cop pulled out. I pulled the cop out no problem, then went to tackle him...thinking my truck is big and bad....well, i got him unstuck, but i broke the winch off the back of his flatbed, and also broke 2 of his tow ropes/straps.

I put the truck in reverse and slammed on the gas before the truck had a chance to switch gears, so it slammed into gear real hard and crumbled into pieces.

New transmission is on the way from Minneapolis, and Northstar says its all under warranty, thank god!

Hexum

Its a Ford, thats the problem smile.gif

We are going out tonight for a few hours. Crank the heater up on high.

Papa Woodie

Ouch. I blow the 5.7 Hemi's out of the water! That's mopar power for ya! hahahaha

Actually, i think it was mostly user error. One time when i took about a 5' run at it, i put the truck in reverse and gunned it, hitting the gas before the transmission actually had time to shift into reverse. So basically is slammed into gear...and was toast after not.

Hexum

That sucks Papa. Did you ever get that camera you were talking about?

ST - We are going to move the shack tomorrow morning. If you are out look for a red Ford Ranger and a gray GMC Envoy.

We are set up right next to Nels

Surface Tension

The shack for sale isn't that far awyay from me. Nels looks like you moved your shack into another direction? Fishing was slow for a while tonight but I managed a few eyes for a meal.

Hexum, email me. punchboss at hotmail dot com

Northlander

S.T. did ya get my E-mail? Call me after 11am tomorrow if ya can.