Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dennis Steele

Garmin 76s and Lakemaster

4 posts in this topic

I am having a problem with exporting waypoints to my GPS and I am hoping someone can help.

I have my interface cable plugged into the computer and the GPS properly.

I have tried both COM Port 1 and Com Port 3 (only options I have available.

The GPS is set to a baud rate of 4800 suggested by my manual and computer.

I have tried several of the serial data formats.

I can not export or import any waypoints.

I also have a message in the status line on the GPS that says "Check Wiring"

And When I try to export or import I get a message from my computer that says "device not open"

When I have the GPS interface set to NMEA it makes my computer go haywire. The cursor jumps all over the screen, it highlights and un-highlights all kinds of stuff and moves stuff on my desktop!

Anyone have any ideas what I should try next?

That's not good!

Isn't Paul the go-to guy on Lakemaster? Talk to him Dennis!!

Dennis,

I would see if you have the same problems with other GPS software. The best way to do this is by installing EasyGPS and attempting to upload/download waypoints to your Garmin. If that works, then the problem is with your Lakemaster software. While not a solution, it will allow you to eliminate the Lakemaster software as the problem.

Bt the way, you need to have NMEA data turned off on your GPS unit in order to transfer waypoints.

Let us know how it goes.

On the baud rate, you might try choosing the 'automatic' or 'fastest available' choice...my MMC card cradle (for my i-Finder) is kind of testy about these things, too...

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• knoppers
      that's the spot I would go also. I tried there once this year, not much luck, but I did mark many fish.
    • delcecchi
      I have a couple of those covers.  Not sure what they are good for.  
    • delcecchi
      Likely story.....   Uffda
    • Tyler Holm
    • PRO-V
      11 days passed and no updates??
    • Bryan P
      For all you pan fish lovers, check out this beautiful pumpkin seed I found guarding the bed while I was out bass fishing. Couldn't help but get some video of this beaut! Enjoy!    
    • Bryan P
      For all you pan fish lovers, check out this beautiful pumpkin seed I found guarding the bed while I was out bass fishing. Couldn't help but get some video of this beaut! Enjoy!    
    • leech~~
      My live well has an adjustable shut off valve in side for filling and running fresh water. If I don't turn it down to a tickle when I have fish in it, it will over flow into the boat once full because the pump is pumping faster then the overflow can keep up.  Not sure if you have one of them in yours?  I've even had a few big eyes flipping around in there hit the valve open more.
    • BobT
      I believe minnows are a class of fish that remain small throughout their lives. They are part of the food chain and because of their small size we take advantage of their position in the ecosystem and use them for bait. There are exceptions of course but, as an example, for the most part adult golden shiners will typically grow to about 3" - 5" long. Adult fathead minnows will be 2" - 3" long typically. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      If the hoses or hose connections are not leaking check : Live well intake connection, make sure that it is screwed on tight into the transom and that it is sealing. Could be live well splash over also if you are in rough water, but probably not with your type of leak. It may still be leaking rivets as they may not leak unless you put a lot of water inside of the boat. It does sound like you have a bad connection in one of your live well connections! Cliff