Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Seabass77

Headed to Indian Rocks Beach/St. Petersburg FL.

Seabass77    0
Seabass77

I'm headed to Indian Rocks Beach/St. Petersburg FL in Mid March and my wife, my brother, and I are looking to do some fishing. Looking for good action, and fun guides. Looking to spend no more than $125 per person including tip. Don't know if that is possible or not. Otherwise, if anyone can recommend a good charter launch (the kind with about 50 people on the boat) that would be fine too.

Thanks for any help.

rangr    0
rangr

Seabass, fished with a guide just north of Tampa last year a full day of fishing was $400 and I think that was up to 3 people. My son and I had a great time catching sea trout, snook, redfish and permit. Fished for around 9 hrs but half days can be booked for less money. The charters around that area last year were not very good were at the marina where the boat come in 2 or 3 nites and saw very few fish brought off the boats. IF you wuold like the name of the guide I used last year and will be booking again this year when I also go down in March e-mail me and I will give you his e-mail address.

Seabass77    0
Seabass77

I need your address ranger. Thanks for the help.

RonT    0
RonT

There are couple of charter operators out of John's Pass. John's Pass is about 10 miles south of Indian Rocks beach. They have one boat that takes 40 - 50 people out at a time. I did this with my youngest son 6 or 7 years ago. I wouldn't do that again. They also take smaller groups out and they do better. More variety and larger fish.

metrojoe    0
metrojoe

Seabass77

For something different you might want to try pier fishing. I've got a brother that lives in the pan handle and he goes down to the pier near his house and fishes all the time. I guess your never sure what your going to catch, but it sound like a lot of fun and it's cheap.

Dragon Fish ll    1
Dragon Fish ll

Was there fishing for a few days when you posted this fished all the local spots everyone talked about all in all was kind of disapointed in the fishing there since Ive gotten spoiled by some Gulf fishing in Texas over the past summer. three spots to hit for shore pier fishing is Gandy Bridge connects st pete to Tampa. can fish whole bridge next spot is skyway bridge it has the old bridge run right under it about a mile on both sides its a toll bridge cost about a dollar to get to the fishing piers there which are considered state parks exit at rest area entering the skyway bridge. on HWY 275 S. Next just to the west of that is state park called Fort Desoto real beautiful area which has two fishing piers one facing in to the Bay and the other out to the gulf. also there is a penninsola out there which has grass flats which will keep some fish hanging in there. at the skyway I talked to a couple from WI who told me they went out on a boat down there cost 25.00 dollars I think half day about two hours travel time total and a couple hours to fish. you can always go three quater or full day trips for more fishing time. speaking from Californa EXP. But fishing without a boat everything depends on the tide which can suck at times. my tip from a week ago is Gandy at the ST PETE side day break like clock work back and forth yellow Jacks will school through there In wild packs from 3 to around 6 pounds as soon as they swim by you just throw somthing inbetween them an boom your fight is on. Great fighters. some sea trout in there to. also caught a bunch of ocean catfish from shore at the parking lot. Loys of Manatees out there right now really neet to see swim right under you and Dolphins. Have fish pics in camera phone but havnt learned to put on FM yet But dont get real exicted about the fishing down there because it can be real spotty. and as all the locals will constantly say it all depends on the tide. PS if you ever get down around Houston TX go to Galveston island Great Gulf fishing. Being a trucker this last year Ive managed to wet a line in a wide variety of places. Good Luck In Florida

Ranger sport    0
Ranger sport

Don't take the charter out of John's Pass. I have watched them clean the fish they caught and they are about the size of a crappie. Went on a charter out of clearwater beach once and it was the same deal. I have heard the same that the bridges will give you a varity of fish to catch. If you want to bass fish there is a good lake over by Orlando that we fished a couple of years ago (Toho). The guide was pretty good! The largest we caught that day was 6 lbs. Does anyone know where you can rent a decent boat in ths area? I would like to go back to this lake without a guide.