• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Springsteel

Has anyone been out of springsteel with any luck. I would like to give it a try this weekend. reports coming in from almost everywhere else. I have had success in the past but have not been on that side for a couple of years.

Hey Jiggit,

For some reason that side of the lake keeps quiet for the most part. The one to ask would be Fisky...he usually has some good knowledge as to whats shake'n over there. I like that side also and usually fish over there with or without reports and 9 times out of 10 do pretty well. Mr. B

JIGGET

I havent fished springsteel aera yet but out buy buffalo it has been ok fishing. Around rudys in about 17 to 18 ft is not to bad right know I know a guy that fishes that aera and he has been getting them over there

Fished out of Springsteel Jan. 8-9. Sat we fished the Sandbar in 15 fow, between the 5 of us we caught about 40 eyes, only 5 were keepers, lots of 9 inchers. A couple of perch and 3 pike (not much size in any of the fish). The bite really picked up from 1-3 on Sat.

For Sunday we tried the rock pile out of Springsteel, fished in about 21 fow, fishing was slow, very light bite, see them on the Vex, just not much of a bite. We ended up catching about 20 eyes between the 3 of us. Again, many smaller fish, the biggest being 13". We did manage a few perch, and two large pike, the one we landed was 36" and the other one we couldn't get him to come up the hole, got to see him many times under the ice, he was all of 40

" + after about 30 min of trying to get it through the hole, we used the gaff to knock the hook out of his mouth. Good CR I guess, would have made for a nice picture.