Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DRH1175

Zercom

7 posts in this topic

What's a guy to do? I have owned a Colorpoint since they first came out. It has been a pain in the but. Never really working properly. I finally had enough and called Hummingbird about it today. They no longer service this unit. Have no more transducers. They said they will however give me a trade in price for it on a new Hummingbird unit. What the heck do they sell that would work to replace my flasher? I want a flasher, for Ice Fishing. This kinda stinks thought they would help me out better than this. What would you do about this?

Man that's a bad deal all around I know what your feeling first hand I had 3 colorpoints and only one worked well the other two were returned. All I can tell you is if you like the thin line display on the Colorpoint then you will love MarCum's LX series flashers. The LX-3 is the best 3 color flasher available right now.

If you don't care for the zoom feature the LX-1 display mirrors the Colorpoint, that would be a cheaper option for you if you can't get the Colorpoint fixed. Good luck.

Have you tried Fish-Lectronics for parts, it seems they still have some Zercom parts. http://www.fishlectronics.com/

Just my 2¢

Just found this on another board from today when someone asked about repairs to a Colorpoint. Not sure if this is a different place than you called or not though. Might be worth a shot.

Call (334) 687-0503 It is the division of Humminbird that made them, they still do repairs on that unit. Eufaula, Alabama. They are on central time.

Another idea is to get a new unit from them, sell it on eBay as new / never used, and used the cash toward a different flasher. Good luck.

Hey DRH1175, what do you need for your Colorpoint? I have a couple ice transducers laying around if you are in need of one. If you are in the Northern Metro area we could try them out on your machine. Shoot me a message at edjwendt at juno dot com if you are interested.

Only problem is the price they sell you the replacement for is almost the price of something new at the store. I just gave up and bought a Vexilar. All I needed was a new swicth for my zercom, thought I'd eventually find one, save teh unity for a while then decided to can it.