• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kudo's to the Carver County Sheriff Dept.

At the beginning of the year the Carver County Sheriff caught a couple of thieves on Waconia. If anybody had a house broken into or any equipment taken, you are suppose to call the sheriff dept to claim your property.

A job well done, the Sherrif Dept presence on Waconia the last couple of years has been tremendous...

is there alot of breakins on waconia? i put my perm out there for the first time this year.

Waconia has been a hot bed for breakins for west metro lakes.

It probably happens more then we think on all lakes. I see a lot of suspicious activity where I am at now that I have started to spend nights in mine.

I've been fishing the lake for over 20 yrs. and it is a hotbed for breakins/vandalism. It goes in streaks.. 90% of the time it's high school kids. Lots of times they are just out to vandalize. Everyone keep a suspicious eye out for one another. I always said I'd love to catch one of those little (Contact US Regarding This Word) breaking into anyones house because they'd pay the piper. I have had a house out there for probably the last fifteen years and had it broken into/vandalized at about 4-5 times. One year some jerk just went around running into houses with their vehicles. Ours was one . Didn't do major damage ,but just pushed the house about 20 ft. off the holes , but some other houses got it bad.

It happens on most lakes. I take everything home with me everynight.

There is only a couple of officers that are out on the lake, and it being a pretty big lake, they rely on us guys out there fishing to watch out for our fellow fisherman. I have called a few times when something didn't look right in my area. Was about to call them a while back about some kids that were going darn fast and whipping donuts by a bunch of houses, they almost hit a house. but as I picked up my phone, the cops were already on them....

danny berg -

can they be busted for just screwing around on the lake (wipping donuts etc.) do you call a local # or 911.

Last night on Prior I watched a guy drive around some houses, drove up to a shack and appeared that he was about to attempt pushing it but then he seen me standing out on the ice and he took off.

It's amazing the activity I have seen since I have started to spend nights in my house and park my vehicle a ways from the shack. Almost enough to make me want to pack heat when I fish.

I was told by the cops on Waconia just to dial 911. but I have used the local # also...

As for driving on the ice, as far as I know, the same laws apply as on land, except I wish they would put a speed limit on the ice for vehicles. Like 15 MPH. That's my personal speed limit.

ya korn spring is just as bad. i swear there is a group out there looking for nothing but trouble. i have started taking plate numbers when i can get them. two times i have driven back to the access to meet them under the lights to get the numbers. going to start to bring the spotlight!

I don't even lock the house anymore. Rather have them open it and see nothing then break in for nothing and ruin it.

Quote:

i can't wait to gaph one of them while they're breaking into my house

I had the pleasure of gaphing someone back in my college days. Sleeping in my shack and they broke the window waking me up. Hand comes in, WACK!!!!! Lost my gaph, but got the perp good. smile.gif

Yep, the best thing is to just leave it unlocked and take everything with you when you leave.

A friend parks his trailer house here because I'm so close to Minnetonka. It's a big one with four seats and eight holes. It's a pain, but I haul it back and forth every time I fish. Have to have it locked tight even at my own place.

Last winter some kids tried to take my old plow truck. A month later I found it on a side street only a 1/2 mile away. Never felt so lucky to have an old truck that won't start or run cold, unless you know the tricks! They probably got tired of pushing it and just left before they got caught. I don't leave my keys in it any more. They will eventually get caught.

dsludge

"Time spent NOT fishing is lost forever"

I had to answer this post I am the one who caught the two individuals on Lake Waconia. I fish the lake myself and have been victim to the house break-ins myself. It was great pleasure to finally catch a couple red handed. How ever the rest is up to the courts now. I did learn something disturbing about the two. They were released the next day on a minor 300 dollars cash bail. The only thing I can say is keep calling the suspicious activity in we need to keep our lake an enjoyable place.

THANKS TO YOU 862.

Next time your out and about I am out on Cemetary. I am assuming the 862 is a badge #.

Hi 862!!

A big welcome!! And a bigger THANK YOU!!

I've got a house on Waconia as well. Been hit once a few years back. I never leave anything behing so they didn't get anything. BUT... They did leave me a little "gift" under one of my hole covers.. mad.gif Big thanks...

Thanks to you and to all on the ice that are willing to take that extra step.