• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Babbler sold out????

Heard a rumor this past week and was wondering if anyone else has heard anything about it. A very reliable source told me that Babler sold out to Arneson's and that they are not putting any roads out. I would take that to mean that they aren't going to be very happy with me as I am going to now use their groomed bombadier trails! Anyone else heard anything?

Gosh it seems to me I've heard this rumour every year for the past 5 years or so!

fiskyknut

Old tricky Dick knows what he's got and I'd be surprised if Rocky gave him what he thinks he should have. Better not get stuck on one of those groomed trails you'll be driving on, it just might cost ya..

You cant drive on them der trails? They sure look driveable? Whats up reef! Been out lately? I pulled in a nice one on Saturday!!

Where'd you get the nice one, don't tell me they've been plowing roads on Florian already!! We were up over this past weekend, but I didn't get any phone calls so....

I caught her with in a half mile of my shop! Thats all i'm say'n........

Should maybe be calling me "chubby darter"..

Reefer was out both days and did very well to say the least. Didn't hear much on size because the stuck up SOB drove right past my house yesterday before noon. He did manage to give me a finger gesture though.

Yeah he gets that way when he gets a pail full of fish.. By chance did he give you the #1 gesture? Where were you guys at?

Oh you can drive on the trails but it you get stuck don't count on them helping you out.

Quote:

Heard a rumor this past week and was wondering if anyone else has heard anything about it. A very reliable source told me that Babler sold out to Arneson's and that they are not putting any roads out. I would take that to mean that they aren't going to be very happy with me as I am going to now use their groomed bombadier trails! Anyone else heard anything?

Yeah, I heard something about someone who went driving down a bomber trail and ended up getting stuck and noone would help him out because everyone knows you are NOT suppose to use them trails. I guess I wouldnt have done that just because there wasnt a road where I wanted there to be.

No, he didn't sell out. A buddy of mine has one of the "fishin' trailer shacks" on Babbler's access, and he said that the ice was just too rough to plow. The access is still open to snowmobile & atv traffic. Between that and the rent he collects on the shacks, he will probably do okay anyway - he probably thinks it's better than tearing up his equipment trying to plow all the jagged ice up that way.

I was just at Rocky yesterday and was talking with Mark A. He told me that Babbler was not going to do the road this year because he was tired of doing it and he is getting older and it is getting tougher for him. Take that for what it is worth-- Also, as a guide from the east side of the lake I encourage you to DEFINETLY NOT drive on the groomed trails. I understand your disappointment in not being able to fish out in that area without a road now-but why go and ruin it for everybody else. All that people do when they run down the groomed trails in their vehicles is cost the resort money to re-groom them and the worst part is that the trail is shot and now it terrible when it comes time to haul my customers in or out. So, PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE ON ANY GROOMED TRAILS...