• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Morrison POINT or THE RIVER for 1/15???

steeplechaser2

Next weekend, my son and I are taking a LOW and URL trip....I was wondering how people are doing out of Morrison Point access....we could fish the river or the bay....we are pretty flexible.....are guys catching mostly sauger or walleyes? Have heard good reports on the river....this is our first trip to LOW and I would like to show my 9 year old a ggod trip....any recommendations would be much appreciated....also, how far is it to waskish from baudette? ooo.gifooo.gif

We went out of Morris on Saturday 1/8 -- we ended up catching 18 between 2 of us - good mix of Eyes/Sauger, about 8-9 keepers - and the biggest was about 16-inches. We were in about 29 fow. It really slowed for us after noon -- was most active between 9am-noon - then slowed considerably. We had our difficulties as well - in that we probably lost another 10-12 fish before they got in the house - so action was pretty good - luck wasn't in those cases. Most all action was coming on dead-sticks. We used both shiners and fatheads -- on a variety of different lures/jigs.