Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
dwag70

StrikeMaster Problems.!

dwag70    0
dwag70

Just bought a new stikemaster mag 2000. First time out on the ice 3rd pull on it and I broke the cog the connects to the motor on the recoil.(look through the grille on top of the motor it is the plastic piece that catch the metal pieces on the motor)Could still start it It is plastic just like the handle.. Thanks, to Gander Mountain for just takeing the whole auger back and giving me a replacement auger for it. Just wanted to know it anyone else has had an issue with this looks like the same piece on all Stike Masters models. Was it just a defect or a known issue...

jimmy40    0
jimmy40

I bought a Strikemaster Ultra at the Ice show, used it three times, let a buddy use it the same thing happened to him. Mine has a compession switch on it and you have to push it every pull or this will happen. I took mine to a small engine shop that warranties these motors,it is not under warranty for these fixes. He had already fixed one, mine was the second one. You are lucky they took it back. The part alone is $45.00, plus the labor. jimmy40.

dwag70    0
dwag70

I was using the switch when my broke!!! Was the new part plastic also or have they fixed the problem by using a metal piece. Seems like they should have used a metal piece from the start that little plastic thing just dont look like it will last to me !!!!

Same thing happened to me too. My problem was I didn't use the compression relief button and it cracked the piece in two. I bought a replacement piece and tried to fix it, was unsuccessful. Then I just brought it back to Gander and they took it back with no questions asked. The new one I got runs way better than the other and fires within two pulls. I was a little scared when this happend but now that I got this new one I realized its a pretty sweet auger.

yar 32    0
yar 32

I have the strikemaster 4 blade in a 10" mine always hangs up when the first set of blades goes threw the bottem of the ice. was just wondering if anybody has had this problem

Fishn'Lady    0
Fishn'Lady

I think Strikemaster has recalled all 10" 4 blade augers, the 8" 4 blade augers are ok. Give them a call, they will let you know what to do if they are. Strikemaster is located in Big Lake, MN.

jackmn    0
jackmn

I bought a strikemaster several years ago ,upon purchase the salesman had me hold the machine in front of me and pull the rope at my chest so i would not overpull the rope and break something and it has been starting nicely for 7 years or more.

berfish    0
berfish

One of my friends bought a lazer mag 2hp 8in this year and he broke the plastic peice on his too. This must be a new thing this year because i have never seen any come back to gander like they are this year. Maybe strikemaster will learn after this year. My mag 2000 is still okay but I take good care of it and don't just pull and pull. Still that shouldn't happen to a brand new auger.

bf

D-Angler    0
D-Angler

I have the 9" 3 blade. It worked great the 1st few times. Then it took for ever to drill a hole, it seemed like the 2horse did not have enough power to turn the auger. I called strikemaster and they sent me 3 new blades. Same thing happened. I am better off cutting a hole with a spoon. Called again and they are going to put on a 10" or 8". I am still upset because the 9" was more expensive upfront!!! Buy a Jiffy!!!

Snag    0
Snag

D-Angler: I have the Ultra 9 inch and had a few issues with the recoil, but have since replaced it. I spray silicone on the blades and it cuts great except for the last couple of inches. It bogs down. Without the silicone, it binds continuously. I love the 9 inch hole and it works great opening up old holes in the house. If it only had a little more power, it would be great.

Fishn'Lady    0
Fishn'Lady

Quote:

I have the 9" 3 blade. It worked great the 1st few times. Then it took for ever to drill a hole, it seemed like the 2horse did not have enough power to turn the auger. I called strikemaster and they sent me 3 new blades. Same thing happened. I am better off cutting a hole with a spoon. Called again and they are going to put on a 10" or 8". I am still upset because the 9" was more expensive upfront!!! Buy a Jiffy!!!

Strikemaster also had issues last year with the 3 blade 9" auger, something to do with the pitch of the blades on the auger which caused it to not drill correctly.

Personally even with the issues Strikemaster has had I would still buy another one.

Hookmaster    6
Hookmaster

Hey Snag, sorry to hear of your auger's binding issues. I would talk to Strikemaster about it. You shouldn't have to spray it with silicone to cut well with it. The silicone isn't good for the water either!!!

D-Angler    0
D-Angler

Snag,

I have tried to spray my blades as well, but only works for a few times. Strikemaster did replace my buddies 9" for the 2 blade 10" last week. He stated it work good until you got to the bottom and would dog down a little. I have used the new Jiffy 10" and seems to cut with out effort.