• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Comments on Lake Franklin??

I fished Franklin for the first time ever on Sat and had a good time. The walleyes weren't that cooperative but we did manage one pretty nice one.

Does anyone care to comment on this lake in general??

I've heard there are some springs in there to watch for. Where abouts are they?? I was also wondering if it has a legitimate night bite for walleyes or does it shut down at dusk?? How about the crappies....was my buddy wasting his time fishing for them or is their a decent population??

Ahh..questions, questions, but who better to ask than you folks??

A buddy and I fished it last night with little success one small 10 inch eye and one nice 14 inch crappie.... We were in about 22-25 feet of water off a dropoff. I was wondering too, where to find the crappies in numbers at on the lake?

Where there's one, there's usually more. Try getting out over where the break levels out to the main lake basin and maybe out a ways. This time of year craps will suspend over 30-40 feet but only 15-20 ft down, even with the once existent weedline or sharpest break.

Fisherdog