• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Winnie ICE Series results

First I want to thank all those who attended. With less than perfect ice conditions on Winnie this year, I am glad all of you made it. Thanks for comming!

I would also like to thank Denny's Resort for hosting us again this year. Great hospitality and a great resort!

Pat and Rhonda did a great job making sure eveyone was taken care of from bait to those wicked specials friday night! Saturday nights fish fry was awsome! Chicken, beans, cole slaw, fries, and of course Pat did a great job on all the fish that was donated from our contestants.

I would also like to thank Jason Boser of Fishing Fever Guide Service for guiding folks out on the ice. Jason did a great job and put some of our top finishers on fish.

OK. I'll get to the results!

Here is our winners

We crowned Ron Zych Worlds Greatest Ice Angler, Lake Winnie, with a total weight of 8.9lbs with one big 'pout! Ron also took the big fish trophy home for that slimy thing.

smile.gif

Congratulations Ron!

Runner Up was our own FM Prostaffer hanson with a limit of nice jumbo perch going 7lbs. Way to go Chris!

Some of our other top finishers were:

3rd- Tim Patterson Jr.- 6.8lbs with a nice bag of perch.

4th- Bruce Williams- 3.9lbs with perch and a pike

4th- Joel Andringa- 3.9lbs with a limit of perch

5th- Scott Zentz- 3.0 lbs of perch and a tulibe

Congratulations to all. It was good to meet you and I hope to see you on the ice again.

Be sure to try and make it to the next event at Medicne Lake in Plymouth MN. We will be heading out from Hartys Boatworks.

This lake is known for very nice pike, great crappies and walleye. This should be a great event and we expect a good trun out.

Sounds like it was a good time, wish I could have made it, but I had prior arrangements. Its looking like the only one I'll be able to make it to definitivly is the one on rush (also looking into a couple of the other events). These events are truely a good time, even if you don't catch fish!

On a side note, how far of a drive from Mora (50 mins from Blaine North on 65) is Burntside Lake? Just curious whether or not thats a drive I want to make.

Good Fishin'

hip_hop

I would guess 4 to 4 1/2 hours or so. Not really sure.

Burntside is 1/2 hour past Ely.

This will be my first year for lakers up there. I can't wait.