Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toolgarage

Anyone fish Pike Lake in New Brighton?

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking to get out on Pike Lake across the street from Long Lake in New Brighton. Has anyone fished this lake? (This year or any other for that matter).

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Tool

i have there are big pike and bass and walleye and some muskie great prvt lake to fish

I fish the lake all the time in the summer from shore. The lake does have some big Pike, biggest I pulled from there was 10-1/2lbs and the next morning my buddy caught a 9lb Pike. There are Walleye and some small Muskies (caught many over the years). There are tons of Carp and Bullheads. I am sure alot of fish come over from Long.

I did not know this lake was considered a private lake. Is this true? If so how did you gain access from shore or to ice fish this lake for that matter

This lake is NOT private. There is a small public park on the south side of the lake next to the freeway. You have to follow the paved trail down a hill, so it's kind of a hike carrying ice gear. It's more of a pond than a lake, but I do know that it's a great spot to flyfish for smaller carp. smile.gif