Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevfish

auger question

7 posts in this topic

I got a new jiffy this year- I have been having a problem with it throwing slush and water all over in my shack. any one have a solution for this? I got a crank down house and put it down half way before drilling and it still threw slush all over. In the morning we went to redrill the holes because they started to freeze in(without cranking the house up) and it threw water all over the floor. Any solutions???

take it back and buy an auger that doesn't spin so fast. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but I think that's your best solution...

When I was at the ice fishing show last fall, I saw this thing that caught the slush and water while you were drilling a hole. For the life of me I can't remember who made it. Does anybody recall seeing that there?

You can make a shield by cutting the the bottom out of a 5 gal bucket and drill your holes through that.

Line it with garbage bags and it seconds as a portable john.

The company that makes "Catch Covers" makes something that catches the slush. I've never used it, but I've seen it. You can google "Catch Covers" and find the company and see this product.

I am thinking of trying the 5 gallon bucket trick- has any one else tried this? Does it help? Wish I had checked this out befor I bought the 400 dollar auger

I bought the tub made by the same people that make the catch covers. I had the same problem with my drop down house and this solved everything. It locks into the catch cover, prevents water/slush from getting all over inside the house, and keeps everything nice and neat. Its a little spendy, but saves me 1/2 hr of scooping out the slush from inside the house. And if you are drilling in deep ice, it collects all the ice shaving and you just take it outside and dump it, pretty slick.