• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

TOAD, Ya' out there?

Hi, Question, Do you still fish the Backus-Hackensack area through the ice? If I were to plan a trip, say the last week of January with a group of guys with kids, Could I expect to find anything worthwhile for panfish and/or Wally fishing around Backus-Hackensack? I'm looking specifically in the area of Pine Mountian, Birch, and Pleasant Lakes or any other small lakes we could adopt as our own for a day or two. I understand as of 1/3/05 there was 8 to 12" of snow on the ice. Has this changed? Is there anything going on now? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,Phred52

Hi Phred,

Of course I still fish the area! As often as possible. Why don't you send me an email ([email protected]). Be glad to give you an idea or two. As for snow, we just received maybe another 4 to 5-inches of snow today. Still shouldn't have too much trouble getting around out there, though. Give me a shout. smile.gif

-a friend called Toad