Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icefishing

Browns Lake

5 posts in this topic

i was just woundering if anybodys catching any crappies put there. wht depths r they bitting at,wht time they r bitting at, and wht are they bitting on. if u can help me that would be great.thnxs

Are you talking about the Browns Lake between Richmond and Edenvally?

yes i em if tht is ok.

Browns is slow right now, but here are some areas to try for them. I would start straight out from the access in around 25 ft or so. Another spot is to the S of the access there is a nice weedline that holds them I usally look for them along this edge in about 27-29 ft. This lake tends to show a strong bite during the evening and early morning hours although I prefer to fish it during the day. A thing to remember Browns has a reputation for nice crappies but over the years the population has been taken down and alot of smaller fish are present. If you get into a school of the bigger fish please practice CPR. Keep a few for a meal if you want and release some of the bigger fish back for the future.

Great lake to catch fish, I have an uncle that lives on there and I fish it quite a bit. Definetly have noticed a decline in the size of fish over the past few years. The fish had a great year class a few years back, lots of crappies in that 9" range. That south end is a great place to fish, I tend to catch mine suspended 3-6 feet off the bottom. Good Luck, Ding