• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

MOSS!!

JHansel7

Just wondering if you still think the packers are going to win the superbowl this year?

The vikes may have backed into the playoffs but we sure did push the pack out.

To jump in with my $.02

If it was in response to the fans who moon the Vikes bus, I think his move is a non-issue and hilarious. If it was just his idea of a good celebration move, I would preferred to see a dance. I have no issue stooping to a lower lever if they already brought it there, but I don't believe you ever stoop first.

if donald driver or bubba franks would have done this, no one would even be talking about it today.

As said on the ESPN website "Fro the ball to Moss" grin.gif It's all in good fun guys, and Packer's fans, if Moss had not done what he did all you would have to talk about is how good Farvra used to be. When he's gone you will still talk about how good Farvra used to be. tongue.gif

From ESPN page two:

Call it "Wardrobe Function." Moss' "Moon" move to celebrate his game-clinching TD catch in the 4th quarter was more than crass; it was the boldest celebratory gesture of the season (take that, T.O.).

Ugly? Hardly: It was awesome!

More important, it was catharsis for a team given no chance to stumble into Lambeau and glide out with the biggest upset of wild-card weekend.

He didn't just turn a cheek at the Packers' end-zone fans. His move was for the haters in the media, the doubters in Minnesota and the fans of top-seed Philly, suddenly a little more nervous.

Sure, he'll be fined and undoubtedly excoriated everywhere in the media -- except here. (Hey, it's not like he actually dropped his drawers.)

Here's the NFL's dirty secret: If you make plays, you can do what you want. And Moss delivered a TD. And another. And, as a bonus, the most telegenic hair in football.

There's a new rallying cry for the Vikings:

'Fro the ball to Randy!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/quickie

I thought that was tastless at first, but after reading these posts it is quite funny. I didnt realize the packer tradition. LOL GO VIKES!

Actually it sounds like its more than just a Packer tradition. Seems to be quite regular in all NFL cites. Personally I didn't think one way or the other about the mooning. Though it just shows you he pretty much is only about bring attention to himself. I mean look at all the talk about this, when the real talk should be about the Minnesota Defense and the great play of Culpepper. Haven't heard too much discussion about it, and thats unfortunate.

I loved it !!!!!!!

Packer fans would rather complain about Moss than talk about what a lousy showing from there wonder boy ( Interception Brett )

How about the punch Farve threw and we are the only ones they threw a flag against?

Even the announcers only briefly said anything about that one !!!!!

Too bad for the pack !!!!

They can all kiss Randy's a$$

GO VIKES !!!!!!

That was my Super Bowl

Its like Matt Birk said, Favre used too bring out the throatslash on TD's which i think everone would agree is a much worse gesture than a fake moon, but no one crucified him. I also just heard about an incidence involving Randy Johnson and a NY camera crew. It was just mentioned on sportscenter. Moss does that, its a 5 minute segment involving a freakin round table discussion on it. The media is putting way too much about it. Give it a rest ESPN, you dont have too bring Michael Irvin and Mike Ditka on for a 5 minute analysis on an endzone dance and talk zero about either of the actual games yesterday. Oh sweet as i got ESPN on right now they are gonna have another segment on Randys dance, man give over it.

If we are talking about things people are forgetting about..........

Offord picked off Favre as the ball bounced all over his shoulder pads and then fumbled it... only to have the refs help the vikes by calling it incomplete... that my friends should have been 5 (FIVE) interceptions!!!!

He's soooo done!!

donald driver the fumbler. i thought it was awesome. people sit there and complain about what moss did. who care pack fans give him so much garbage and what about when the packers band said wheres moss and mocking him no packers fans complained about that.

Good point fishkid. The Wisconsin band (who I think is outstanding when I go to Camp Randall) taunts an injured player but nothing is said. Do I think it is a big deal? No, I thought is was pretty funny but taunts, gestures, etc...go both ways. I think it is overblown.

The camaras are on Moss waiting for him to screw up or to do something like someone said before anyone else in the NFL other than maybe TO does something like FAKE moons the crowd and everyone laughs at it but as soon as Moss steps outta line he gets his butt chewed. People complain about this but what about whenever favre throws a touchdown he runs down the feild in a total state of shock (thank god we didnt hafta see it very often on sunday) Also for anyone who has not played football before you cant understand the emotion that players have when they make a big play they need to celebrate.

Moss is the best in the league his antics are just to get more attention for himself, the guy loves the camara

Cut him a break ESPN and the rest of the sports media it wasnt that big of a deal it was acctually rather funny if you look at it, i know i was laughing

The controversy is all about ratings!

Lets think for a minute . . .its FOX that has made this a huge issueby their 'outrage" of what Moss did. This is the same network that has the crappiest, most controversial, moral pollutng shows (except for perhaps MTV), yet they try to play the moral highground. This is the same network that glorifies a millionare slut (Paris Hilton), pokes fun at adoption, broadcasts that horrendous pop music karoake show American Idol, and has a slew of other poor reality and "drama" hows. What a bunch of hypocrates, yet we soak it up like free beer.

Moss pretended to moon the crowd - he could have done the real thing! If this was Brett Farve, he announcers would say some dumb comment like, "This s the mark of a true team leader. He is so sonfident in his leadership, he can poke fun at the oher team." Anybody but Moss or Owens, andthis isn't an issue.

For once, Randy doesn't deserve the flak.

So whats next? A full blown FCC investigation?! Put it to rest, there are much bigger fish to fry . . . like primetime tv!

Amen smartguy! Normally, I think Joe Buck does a nice job with the games. But yesterday, he threw his little hissy over what was obviously intended to be a funny jab at the Packer fans. If what Moss did is so appalling to him, he certainly must not be able to watch any of FOX' other programming. Unless it is the Simpsons or football, my tv is never tuned to FOX with all the garbage they show.

The hypocrissy and the overblown outrage this little thing has caused is really more funny than what Moss did even. You've got that goof Bradshaw and his weekly flirting with Jillian(who is certainly on the show to add valuable football insight smirk.gif) badmouthing Moss and asking if Randy wants his kids to learn from his(Moss') example. Then, on ESPN, you've got Michael "gimme da cocaine and da girls!" Irvin(who was also notorious for his on-field "celebrations") talking about Moss' lack of this and that. I believe I read that even Deion freekin' Sanders(who may well be the biggest self-promoting clown and a bigger attn wh0re than even Paris Hilton!) talking about what kind of person and etc Moss' is/isn't. And let's not forget all the GB fans who apparently think it is cool to really moon opposing team's busses but not get a little taunt in return.

This is just not that big of a deal. When did everyone lose their ability to laugh? Take what Moss does with a grain of salt and don't be so sensitive! Anyone who was truly offended by what he did yesterday must live in complete horror in this world today because there is so much worse out there all over the place!

Randy was Dandy. I loved the fake moon. Since when did all of these ex football player analysts become so holyier than anyone else on the planet. I'm sure none of them ever watched Porky's, Stripes, Animal House or any other funny movie. They all played with class and never said a word about another players Momma. They act like he actually mooned the fans. If the NFL fines him, it really is the NO FUN LEAGUE.

I don't know if anyone listens to KFAN, but they played a huge joke on the Packer Rube on the Berrero sp show last night.

Go check out the ESPN Nation website polls. The VAST majority of people say this is not worth talking about and MOST rate Moss' fake moon as "funny" and most would want Randy on their team. I by the way, concurred with all those things!

A Fox Sports Poll that is online today has this to say:

How should Randy Moss be punished?

Nothing, blown out of proportion 51%

Fine him, no supension 26%

Suspend him one game 22%

Suspend him for playoffs 11%

Hopefully, the public showing that they think it is not such a big deal will quiet down the media a little bit and we can get to talking about the game.

Quote:

A Fox Sports Poll that is online today has this to say:

How should Randy Moss be punished?

Nothing, blown out of proportion 51%

Fine him, no supension 26%

Suspend him one game 22%

Suspend him for playoffs 11%

Hopefully, the public showing that they think it is not such a big deal will quiet down the media a little bit and we can get to talking about the game.

Who are these (Contact US Regarding This Word) in the 11% suspend him for the whole playoffs category? I'm guessing Packer and Eagle fans only... Packer fans because they are incredibly hurt by Randy OWNING the Pack and Eagles fans because they are scared to death of us coming to town Sunday with Randy ready to play!!!!