• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

VIKINGS

mnfatcat

As a big Vikings fan, I thought it was stupid.

Perhaps Green would do a Moss for Fitzgerald trade?

I stood up for Moss's antics in the past, but the child will never grow up.

OK, it's entertainment. But if you're another guy on the team who did your part, do you want everyone talking about what your team did right, or do you want the talk to center around Randy's stupidity? Does a real disservice to the rest of the team. Those guys should be chewing him a new one when he does that crap, regardless of his production.

dump Moss even if he is a good reciever. still could use a good team player.Maybe we could trade him off for a couple defense players and probably wpuld be alot better.Problem is how many teams want to upset the team moral having a player with a attitude like he has on thier team. Thats just my opinion.

Moss reminds me of Dennis Rodman. Back when I lived in IL, I used to watch a lot of Bulls games. When the Bulls aquired Rodman, even though he got a lot of offensive rebounds, his on and off the court behavior proved to be such a liability, they couldn't wait to drop him. I think Moss is a detriment to the Vikings as a team. Everyone has been complaining that the Vikes problem is they have no heart. Well, Moss's childish behavior doesn't do much to help that.

everyone doesn't care for Moss because hes DIFFERENT, he speaks his mind, sure I admit he does do stupid things, but can you talk about another team's receiver like we do Moss, he adds "Flavor".

-jn

Dennis Rodman????? The best Offensive rebounder in the game to date, if not ever. Who cares what the "worm" does off the court. Ask phil jackson about the guy. moss-- who cares, the guy flat out catches touchdowns. Ask any packer fan come monday morn. Oh wait a minute, there's none of those left on the shelf. Have to wait till next year. grin.gif

What do you think of Terrel Owens antics then? Moss is great and I would not want any other receiver on my team. What a gutsy TD to seal the game on a bum ankle. I'll put up with most everything to have him on my team. Just as long as he keeps it on the field and not do dumb crap off the field.

Quote:

U-c Moss MOON the Packers?

cool.gif

I know some of you guys think differently, but to me that was hillarious. If anyone else did it, it wouldn't have been a big deal at all.

Gotta agree with the post a few spots ahead of me: Rodman was a way different situation in Chicago. What did Rodman do those years, on or off the court that distracted the team or was insulting. I know he kicked the camera guy and got thrown out of some games but that was Dennis. He was a team player. Grabbed rebounds, set picks, did little things, played his role. Jordan and Jackson were the guys he answered to.

Moss on the other hand, has no one to answer to. Like the FOX NFL crew said, talent doesn't excuse everything and can you count on the guy when you're losing. Never.

The issue of trading him kind of sucks. He has limited value because you know a Gruden or Belichek would never take him. And if you did get somethign you wouldn't get what he's worth (value on the field that is). Also, he lacks motivation. Trade him, and he'll be motivated to prove us wrong. Now if only we could find a way to get him motivated now......

today was a great day in vikingland the only thing that was missing was favre crying at the press confrence

My response to your other Moss questions is on another thread...

Not that this is a Rodman thread, but I thought I'd respond since some question why I thought he was a detriment. Most days his rebounding was an asset, but then there were the times he would publicly blow off practice--not good for a team. Even worse, he always had to have the attention on him--not good on a team with the talent the Bulls had--so he would mouth off and act up and constantly got technical fouls and ejections at very bad times. In many games, the Bulls got it done in spite of Rodman, rather than because of him.

I would like to congratulate Culpepper and Birk for pulling that bunch of players into a "TEAM" and showing what they can do when that happens. The Vikings do have quality team leaders and I hope they take charge from now on.