• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any MSU students want to hit the lakes?

Lookin for some people who might want to meet up on a lake sometime to go fishing....I got all the equipment just lookin for some people to go with.

I know what you mean I've been hitting the ice the past week before school starts. Having luck on Washington's 3rd point but putting in work to find them. Could use some company out there.

I'm a MSU student and I have been fishing hard since ice up. Only problem is it's been around Mille Lacs area. Bringing all my gear back to school with me and plan on fishing so we should all meet up and head out and catch some fish.

Yeah I been on the ice pretty steady around home and up north. Did pretty good on Mille Lacs....catch 12-15 inch walleyes all day. Where abouts you guys live and what lakes were you thinkin about hittin? I've done pretty good on Washington and Madison. I am heading back to school on Wednesday sometime and might hit up Washington weds. night.

You guy's should try out Crystal or Loon Lakes. The action has been pretty hot for Walleye's. Alot of smaller ones but you can get a few eater size, and there is always that chance to get a BIG one. Not much during the day, right around 4-4:30 p.m. till ??? Check out the link for what a friend and I caught last week.

Raptor---Thanks for the info....just a few questions. About where on Crystal and Loon were they biting and about what depth? Well thanks again and maybe I'll see you out there. Also are they driving out on the local lakes at all? I'll be driving an 04' Grey Silverado with a Browning and Foiles sticker in the rear window. Taker easy and good luck.

They are driving all over Crystal and Loon. We caught most of them around the cemetery points on Crystal and a few in that back bay by the creek that goes to Mills. 6" to 1' off the bottom with a jig and fathead in 5'-6' of water. Heard rumors of 3-4 pounders around the aerators on Crystal but haven't gotten into any of those, yet!

If you guys come over to Crystal, let me know, I may join you if your still looking for company. I live in lake crystal, and wouldn't mind getting out on the ice again.-Later!

Dustin

Dustin---I am getting into town tomorrow(Weds) and probably am going to try Crystal out on thursday or friday evening. Give me a post if you want to meet up....maybe meet up at the access or something. Later and good luck

Yeah, I could probably meet you at the landing or something. What time doyou plan on heading out? E-mail me, and we could figure it out, I can give you my phone # or whatever.-Later!

[email protected]

Dustin

Any of you guys hitting the ice to celebrate Martin Luther King day? Just got back from Mille Lacs and gonna hit the ice tommorrow morning.

Heading out to Washington this afternoon near bakers bay. Look for a Grey '04 Silverado with a Browning and Foiles sticker in the rear window.....I also have a 3 person otter sled. Stop by if you are heading out.

Browning how did washington go? I was a little overwhelmed by the people out there this morning so I scooted over to a little lake that supposedly has some nice crappies. All I could muster was about fifty seven inchers and when I started catching bullheads it was time to leave. Went to Eagle Lk. for evening and got one small eye. We should meet up and try to ice some fish this week.

Gustafson---My buddy and I did pretty good on Washington....caught our limit of good gills. Nothing huge...probably 3 to a pound. Caught a few smaller crappies but mostly focused on gills. It was a crowd out there but got away from them a ways and did pretty well. Well I have class on Weds. nights but thursday I am open in the morning and evenings just have class in the afternoon. Well post again or give me an email if you want to meet up. My email is c h a d r a t 8 3 @ h o t m a i l . c o m

Browning-

I am done with class at noon tommorrow so I plan on going out somewhere for the afternoon. Shoot me an email or post if you are gonna head out.

Gustafson---I'd shoot you an email if i knew it...but yeah i'd go fishin this weekend. I'd like to try a new lake if you know any. But give me an email or just post a message. I am done with class around 1 or so on thursday...so let me know asap if you can. And Dustin85....sorry about not goin to Crystal lately...i've been doin good on a local lake. I might giver a try this weekend sometime....you got my number...or i'll call you.

I plan on heading out here soon I don't know where. I must have forgot my email address [email protected] shoot me some mail if you want to meet up. I don't know where to go maybe Eagle for a try or Madison or Washington.

Browning

I think I am going to Eagle Lake, just got to give it another try. If you head out there I have a green 95 F150 regular cab and a single man fish trap with a little duck tape repair job on it.

Gustafson---what you doin on tuesday afternoon? I think I might head out to Washington for an evening bite. Not sure if I am heading to 3rd point or Bakers. Well post one if you want to go. Heading out around 2

Browning

I would love to head out but I have research I have to take care of tonight. I will get out somewhere tommorrow. I would like to hit Washington so if your heading out put up a post. If not I might head back to Eagle. I have been doing decent on 'eyes.

Hey Gustafson have you run into any eyes on Eagle during the day or is it a sunrise/sunset bite?

Gustafson---I think I am goin to hit up Washington today. We should meet up out on Eagle later this week. I have class til 5:45 tomorrow evening....a little late isnt it or is it a night bite out there? I was out there on Sunday and broke my line....thinkin it was a northern. Well give me a post because I will probably be out all weekend.

I have been getting them right around dusk. I will go out there tommorrow evening and give ya report. I am going to stay out there a little later this time. Just to see if anything happens.

hey boys where abouts you live? i'm in the old campus view apartments. hey dustin, you might be my neighbor, theres a green ford that parks at the same building. the only time i can go is probably wed. mornings, otherwise i head north to the cities or farther over the weekends.

I live in campus view too.....185. What truck you guys drive? I got the grey silverado with the white decals in the back window. Give me a post if you guys want to fish.

thats funny, i saw your truck on the way home from class, i see where you get your name on here. i live in 251 and drive a suburban or a corolla most of the time. i dont have any of my stuff down here because i'm only down here from monday night to thurday afternoon then i head home to the cities where all my stuff is and either hit the ice up there or keep goin north. no way in hell i could get my house down here with all my gear in a car, i got the big otter resort which fits in the suburban pretty well. let me know if you want to go sometime.

Train

Train---yeah I know what you mean about no room for gear....my room looks like a tackle store...auger, rods, heater, minnows, you name it. Well if you ever want to head out I got plenty of extra gear and I got a house in the back of my truck. I think thursday is the next time i'm heading out. Give me a post or stop me if you see me in my truck.

-Chad

Hows the fishing been on Washington? I was out on a Duck Lake last night with my roomate and we pulled up probably forty crappies but they were all 7.5" long variety. Did get one small eye as well. Heading out somewhere tonight, maybe Madison or Eagle. If your heading out send out a post.

I like the description of you room. My room reeks of auger gas and minnows. What a lovely fragrance.