Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Papa Woodie

N E 1 Fishing Wed/Thurs around Duluth?

Papa Woodie

Anyone going to be out Wednesday or Thursday around Duluth? (Fish, Island, Caribou etc). I hear temps are in mid to upper 20's those days! Sounds like a good time for some eyes, perch, or crappies?

If someone is going out, let me know...maybe we could meet up and share some stories!

I got the ATV is the lakes are non-driveable!

By the way, how is island lake, fish lake, and caribou....are 4x4 pickup's able to get around on the ice ok?

Northlander

Fish and Caribou you can drive on with a 4 by 4 easy.

Papa Woodie

Thanks for the reply Northlander.

Are either of these lakes producing either quality (or quantity) eyes or crappies?

No secret fishing place on either lake wanted....just wondering if 1 is producing more than the other?

Thanks!

Hexum

Tons of people driving around grand with no problems. Lots of cars out there even.

Papa - I know you , we worked together at 2 different places

Papa Woodie

Dobson and Advanced Data Comm in soup town?

fishermn

I may be out wednesday morning if I can get the day off. I am thinkin it might be good just as that storm comes in. Also, I just got an Aqua view and am itchin to give her a try. I was thinking of hitting Grand

Papa Woodie

I have never fished Grand lake before, but after seeing BD110's eye, it sure looks appealing!

I'm game for crappie, eyes, or perch if you want to go Wed morning and want to hookup, let me know.

fishermn

I'll know more tonite or tomorrow. I will fire ya a message when I know for sure!

Hexum

Papa - I posted on the wrong thread. Give me a call tonight if anyone wants to hit Grand we should be out there by 5. 591-4311

Brett

Papa Woodie

I will give you a call tonight. I will head to tomorrow or Wed if you want.... Let me know how the night bite is tonight.

I'll call around 830 or so...give ya time to get settled back at home..

I'll load the icehouse/heater etc tonight and take off work early.

Talk to you tonight bud....

fishermn

When are you guys heading out? Looks like I will be free wednesday morning, so I will probably hit Grand then...

Papa Woodie

Hexum is out now....i think.

I'm thinking of heading out 330-4pm tomorrow for a night bite then possible taking the day off Wednesday and going out in the AM, and spending the day out there....

Keep posted on this thread and We'll let ya know for sure about Wed.....

Hexum

Dead sea out there tonight. Hopefully its better with the weather moving in tomorrow.

fishermn

I will probably head out mid afternoon on wednesday. I will have a red honda foreman (with plow) pulling a fish trap guide, see you guys out there.

Hexum

If anyone can help me move my permament to deeper water there is free beer for you!

Papa Woodie

wink.gif I have a long enough tow rope to go around the house, and a big enough trip to pull it to BFE through 6' of snow!

I can move it to deeper water, but i dont think it will get there in one piece!

Papa Woodie

Alright Brett, its uber nice out, only 2pm. I'm out of here. I have to jump start my car and move it to the street for the apt complex i live in so they can plow when it snows....

Then load the propane tank, heater, and grill, and i'm out.

See ya on the water.

Hexum

See you there. Who else is coming out?

Papa Woodie

My Fishing streak is still going good...unfortunately though, it is a streak of no luck!

Surface Tension

Hexum, let me know when your moving your shack. What area did you guys end up fishing?

Hexum

In the big group off the Y in the plowed road coming from Twig. About 11 ft of water, only 1 small northern again. Might give it a try this weekend.

Papa Woodie

I was on the far end of the same group of shacks *furthest away from the McGregor access road* ....15 FOW...no bites at all.