Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
brianh

Lake Mary

brianh

Are there spots on Lake Mary to avoid? (ie springs)

Thanks

EYEHUNTER10

Im not sure but id be interested in at least 1 report this winter! Any crappie action in little mary this year oh I guess a walleye tale would be fine too I love that lake too bad about the water level problem you just know the D--M Near Retarded department is to blame! I kinda dought any springs would be running now but I suspect there would be a little more current than normal on any bar structures The Bar out by that big hole kinda scares me a bit but i dont know a lot on the subject but I didnt fall through last year and had some fine crappie fishing late at night out there a few 14" s even!

osakisresort

Ive never fished Mary, but i would like to try it for some panfish, where are some good spots to try?

neverstopfishing!!

there biting on lake miltona three of us limited out on crappies and sunfish in 5 feet of water.go to the N.E ACCESS and go to the right and youll see a pile of fishhouses fish in the middle of them if go to the outside edge youll catch nothing but perch. put a waxworm down and watch down the hole the sunfish will swarm your bait and if you keep looking down the hole every so ofton youll see a crappie.

et600

The lake level is not the fault of the DNR. Low snow for the last how many years, and rainfall that comes in bunches is the culprit. Along with the ditch law that keeps the outflow high.

Remember that evaporation is the biggest water loss reason.

It would take two years for 1 ft drop due to outflow, where the evaporative rate can be a foot a month or more. Lake Mary is solely a run off and rainfall lake, meaning there are no rivers or other sources of inflow according to DNR.

EYEHUNTER10

I heard something about the Dnr digging out some ditch for a farmer in the area that caused the problem

Wayne Ek

There is a out flow that finally ends up dumping into Mill. All the lakes around Mary are low, I live on Lobster and we are a good 18 to 20 inches down. We did not get all the rain fall that the rest of the state did last summer. As for fishing, little Mary can put out some panfish, and the north end, east of the landing has a good cabbage break that will produce walleyes if you punch enough holes.

gundy89

I went out one morning after Christmas. Got one hit that I missed. We left early to chase some roosters. As far as springs. I wouldn't be too worried, but I have seen some open water in-between big and little mary on the south end of the bar. I wish I got up there more, but work's been killing me and I'd rather hunt than fish.

I've always fished the south end. Anybody have luck on the north?

EYEHUNTER10

I got several nice slaps on little Mary just before she comes through that bar area into the main lake last year thats as far as I made it I would like to do some exploring out there and get to know the lake better I hav fished the bar by the deeper hole on the north side and done well with jumbo leeches in the heat of the summer. Do they drive out to that spot from the North Access Whats the current shape of the access on the north end last year it looked like hell on wheels to get on there so I never bothered and was to scared to drive out of little Mary so never did not knowing the lake at all! Thanks for the help!

brianh

Used the north access last week, no problem. Dind't fish big, but tried it on little, more pike than panfish. Going back this week, I hope.