Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
child23

any new fishing reports

child23

thinkin bout heading up to the lake tommarow and was wondering if anyone has had any luck?

walleyejon

Well, we had a pretty slow weekend at Morris. I talked to a couple guys at work this morning, one fished Long Point, and the other was at Arneson's Reef, both of them said it was slow at those two spots as well. The fish we did catch were quality size saugers for the most part, with two of them measuring 17", three or four smallish eyes, and a couple of pout thrown in too. The Vexilars showed fish fairly consistently, but we couldn't get them to cooperate. Between five us, we had to have used every size, shape, and color made. Oh well, if we hammered them everytime, it wouldn't be near as fun the next time out.

Piker

I was also out at Morris on Saturday putting up my house. I got to fishing from 10AM to dark. Fishing was tough. I only caught 7 fish, four walleyes and 3 saugers. I caught the biggest fish (sauger,16") right away, so I thought it would be better. I ended up with 4 legitimate keepers and had enough for a half time meal during the demolishing of the Packers. I was in 31ft and tried everything in the tackle box. Gold was best, but it was just about too slow to tell.

walley

I was out yesterday at long point and it was slow for us was well, we went out to the West in 34-35 ft of water. Vexilar was quiet, when fish showed we could intice them to bite but it took some work. 10 fish kept, three guys. Anyone have any luck at long point yesterday?

ironman

I was out from morris point this weekend as well...staying with Fire and Ice....a great time as usual. Bryant and Jason rock. As for the fishing...it was tough. Three guys two days....around 80 fish total...lots a throw backs. We got a limit of keepers each day...but the biggest all weekend was a 16 1/2" sauger. there was on 4 1/2 lb pout. Not alot of fish...but most that showed on the vex...were able to coax into biting. We missed a lot of strikes as well. So basically for any other lake I fish...it would have been a good weekend...for lotw...slow and that's why I go there. All that on top of the Vikings throwing in a pleasant suprise for once...(Contact US Regarding This Word) good weekend. Go Vikes.

Orion

ironman did u have a guy with you named dale, I was also up there at gibbins and bryant ant those guys are awesome.

ironman

You know (Contact US Regarding This Word) right...it's me. wink.gif

walleyejon

I don't suppose it was a FM'ers fishhouse I saw scattered all over the ditch Saturday morning on the cut-across to Rocky Point Rd? That really must have wrecked someone's day.

Lip RIPPER!

We saw the same thing yesterday in the ditch. Just a pile of rubble and foam insulation.

Hey Reefer, how deep were you yesterday? I was going to buzz over there on the sled after you left and check the depth but we were in a hurry to get out of there. Dad and I were in 26 and had a hard time to get any saugers.

Reefer

We were just a shade over 29'. How long did you guys end up sticking around? Any size?? I can't believe with all of the nice fish we ended up with, we didn't get anything over 19". The saugers came a lot easier yesterday than on sat. You know your having fun when alls you have to pinch off are chub heads!! Awesome fishing...

Lip RIPPER!

It was just the opposite for us on Saturday. We could catch some saugers amongst all the walleyes but they were hard to come by yesterday in our house. Can't complain about throwing back nice walleyes though. We quit before noon. Biggest fish was just a tad over 26 inches and the old man reminded me of that several times. Lots of nice fish to release too.

hardwaterfishing

what is the slot limit on low?

fishmeister_86

19"-28" WALLEYE MUST GO BACK

gspman

Four of us caught 50-60 walleyes & saugers Fri & Sat. No perch or tulibees and 3 'pout. Kept 21 of them. Fished in about 25' of water. Fish bit on jigging spoons and horizontal jigs for the most part. Not real aggressive fish.

Crappieman

I heard they changed the numbers of fish this year also. What is it?

Piker

8 walleyes and saugers combined. Of which no more than 4 can be walleyes. Nothing in between 19 1/2" and 28" and only one over 28".