• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anybody had a chance to fish panfish on Minnewaska.

if you could leave area's and depth's i would greatly appreciate it. Taknig out my father who gets to fish about 2 times a year.

thanks,

chris

there are no panfish in waska.. you should be in Moorhead fishing! HEHEHE

-Your Roommate

I haven't been up there pan fishing yet this year but the walleye fishing is coming to a close so it won't be too long. There will be cities of houses out from Torgy's and the dnr landing and other places. You will usually catch small pan fish in these areas. If you want to find keepers you'll have to keep moving.

Nailed a 17" and a 21" around 10:00 at night in 15 feet right in the weeds Stick at 19-22 during the day heavy on the 22 side Been hitting medium golden shiners as of late but they all have 5 inch perch in the bellies. Sure wish we could use them for bait! Them waska eyes sure know what they want to eat. Anybody know the scoop on emily? LIES, LIES, LIES??? Waskas as slow as she gets Any body found the crappies yet?? I cant believe somebody posted theres no panfish in waska I had many 100+ fish nights last winter thankfully I throw mine back but please Waska truly the best lake around for panfish and its nothing to catch 14 - 15" crappies if your out there at the right time. confused.gif January I should fish in my toilet at least if I flushed my bobber would go down and stay down confused.gif

They're still getting a few on Emily but it has slowed as well. Sounded like early last week was the time to be there. We're headed up there this afternoon to see if we can hook a few strays.

Fished Emily Saturday afternoon until Sunday morning. Action wasn't fast and furious, but did manage about a dozen eyes between 16-19". This was between 5 guys and 2 fish houses. There is alot of traffic on Emily right now and more shacks than I have ever seen. To be honest I am amazed that it is still kicking out a few fish. Because of how shallow the lake is and the fishing pressure over the last couple weeks it can't last much longer, but I hope I am wrong.

Sounds like Emilys crowded I dont think I'll go and add to the problem. Tryed every crappie waypoint I have and only caught walleyes and 1 bluegill normally you wouldnt here me complain to catch walleyes but The hopes of some Slabs really had me fired up Maybe they all went home in the livewells this spring I have never seen so many taken out of there as I did this spring. I wish I knew of a crappie location to search that didn't have a billion anglers on it! On most bodys of water I've fished the deep holes and basins have suspended crappies on them in mid-winter. The only areas like that are the beach basin and the Hole. Both seem to hold perch and walleye and I have never ran into crappies yet im these areas. Mostly up in the holes between the Dnr access to the ballroom and out from the town hall. Mostly perch and a few sunnies for me this year any advice?

Where is lake emily and where are some good spots to fish the lake? I have never fished Emily before so I am wondering if somebody could give me some directions like Eyehunter 10 so I can figure out where you are catching the eyes at and I am also wondering how the walleye bite on Waska is? Is is still slow and where can I catch panfish at on Minnewaska so I can try it this weekend?

I'm going to Emily this afternoon - I'm going to get away from the crowds though - there must have been between 200-300 houses out there the other day. There is basically no stucture in the whole lake and the lake is only 4-5 feet deep. Just pick a spot and pray. There are a bunch of people right in middle of the lake and a bunch on the east end and then some people scattered all over the place - what a zoo!!!!

FI

yup...all those walleyes getting pulled out of emily this year reminds me of '97 when all the jumbo perch got ripped through the ice after walleye season had closed. havent caught a perch on that lake since that year. why does everybody pillage that lake everytime there is a good bite? everybody ive talked to says that they have kept every fish they have caught this winter! and i know for a fact that a lot of those walleyes are big females. too bad. i guess i wont bother fishing there this summer unless i need to feed the urge to arrow a bunch of carp and sheephead cuz thats all that will be a swimmin.

hey eyehunter...if your itch'n for some crappies you should give lake oliver north of appleton a try. cant gurantee anything as i havent fished it yet myself this year but ive always had success there in the past. bring a lot of auger gas and a vex and you should find em somewhere during the day or set up on one of the flooded roadbeds at dusk and hope to intercept them cruising through. i also heard artichoke is putting up some nice crappies too. cant confirm that one though either.

artichoke was giving up a few nice fish and i mean nice but that has shut down and oliver has done nothing that i know of all year

Mother Nature finally took me out Sick as a dog, and with this weather coming I'm not sure when I'll get back out! Thanx for the tip carpshooter, I only pray that the crappies on waska are in hiding and magicaly reappear at Ice out like every other year, I was gonna go to Emily for opener but now Im not so sure I just know Im not gonna go rape her like the rest! I cant see how waska can put em out every year either but shes so big I suppose It next to impossible to outfish her, nice think about waska is ya actually gotta know how to fish to get em to bite even then it can be tricky Mother Nature protects her young Just look at the weather coming for the weekend as much as I prefer to stay mobile I sure wish I wouldnt have sold out of my permanent shack to buy my flipover It sure would be nice to be able to bunk it out there in a heated shack. Sick or not it sure would beat watching lifetime with the wife lol. Good fishing All and good luck! Eyehunter