Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Piker

NFL playoffs radio broadcast ?

Piker

I debating about coming up this weekend and I'd like to listen to the playoff games tomorrow. Can anyone tell me what the local stations would be up there for either AM or FM broadcast of the NFL games this weekend? I have had some luck with KFGO (Fargo) up there, but I think it's hit and miss??? Thanks in advance.

Philo

I was up on LOW a few weeks ago and I managed to get in the Vikings game on an AM station. Sorry I cannot remember which station it was, but it was on the dial somewhere.

walley

I find a station but it had a lot of static, need a better radio than I had, Is there radios others use where the station is clear? If so what kind.

WALTERCRAFT

THE SUPER RADIO BY GE.

CatManLee

I was fishing out of Morris Point and could pick up

KTRF 1230 AM out of Thief River Falls on a walkman. There was alot of static, but could here what was on the air easy enough. A good radio, would probably pick it up o.k.

Shadfish

I think you can pick up the Vikings on LOOSERS FM out of Minneapolis. Clear as a bell. If it's possible to loose they'll find a way!

3pronghook

Quick, go get SIRIUS Satellite Radio. Every NFL game, clear as a bell. Ive got in the truck and listen to it all the way to youngs bay when i head out to the island. Also have the portable unit that can be used anywhere. Always in the fishhouse. I love it. Im going to be up for the championship weekend and plan on bringing it.

fishhawk2

I AGREE, GO WITH THE SIRIUS RADIO. WE BEEN COMING UP FOR 12 YEARS,WE'VE FOOLED WITH RADIOS AND CASSETTES WITH LITTLE LUCK.THE SIRIUS RADIO IS A LITTLE SPENDY IN THE BEGINNING BUT WELL WORTH IT. WE LISTEN TO IT ALL THE WAY UP FROM RED WING AND OUT ON THE ICE FOR 4 DAYS. YOU CAN LISTEN TO ANY GAME OR ANY KIND OF MUSIC. THE ONLY THING I CAN WARN YOU ABOUT IS IF YOUR GOING TO RUN IT OFF THE D BATTERIES IS THAT THE BEST SET OF 8 BATTERIES WILL LAST BETWEEN 6 AND 7 HOURS. IF YOU CAN RUN IT OFF YOUR CAR ALL THE BETTER. HOPE THIS HELPS.

3pronghook

I have the Xact portable and have had problems with run time with batteries. I am glad to hear its not the unit. I am surprised by the power that little sucker must consume. I hate to make it sound like a plug for Sirius, but if you can listen to one station of format from red wing,or anywhere usa, all the across the big lake, It is worth considering. Especially if your a football fan. They broadcast every game and you can listen to your teams broadcast. Unit with one year subscription, came with car kit too will cost about $400.

Piker

That's probably a good idea with the sattelite radio. I couldn't pick up much. I couldn't find the football games on the radio inside the house (Between the steel siding and the Vex), but I could get 790AM in the pickup so I drove back last night. Fishing was pretty slow so I flipped a coin to stay another night or watch the purple. Tails it was, so here's cheering for the Vikes.

fivebucks

I've gotten the Vikes games just south of Williams on FM 102.1 (pretty sure that is it). I don't know if it comes in on the lake though. I would assume it would. I will be listening either on the radio or watching in the bar at Zipple Bay or the Night Hawk.

Smeds

I used a Sirius (for the first time) the whole time fishing last weekend and loved it! The display definitely eats batteries however. fishawk2, how do you run it off a 12-volt? I assume you must need a power converter, cuz' my radio only has 110 volt plug or batteries option.