• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Starter Bow?

CornPirateKiller

My nine-year-old daughter told me that she'd like to take up bow hunting and join me in the woods when she is old enough. Since her birthday is coming up in a few weeks, I thought a nice junior setup would be a good present and she'd have a few years to get comfortable with shooting before we hunted. Anybody have any recommendations for a good starter bow brand or model?

Thanks!

Check the archery shops, I would think you would want her to get set up right so she is succesfull, one that matches her size and draw length so she can shoot consistantly and not get discouraged and quit, which is what could happen with a bow that does not match her body. As far as brands and such, I wouldn't worry about getting too fancy at this point since you might have to move her up to a different bow before she starts hunting with you if she outgrows this one in that few years time? Anyway, it would be awesome to have a daughter that wants to hunt with you.

Browning micro midas is a good choice. 10 inches of draw length adjustment...no press required. comes in 20-30lb and 30-40 lb. We use it as a starter bow at here at the shop. Works great because of the adjustablity. Got it for my son's 10th birthday...but younger daughter (now 9) also shoots it. The nice thing is that it can adjust and grow with the shooter.

*i've got three in the package, and two on the rack*

good luck...

ever thought about the genisis bow?? they arent too bad. i got my little brother a high country (i think that is what it is called off the top of my head) and he loves it.

genesis bow is another good choice....no set draw length, zero letoff....any one can shoot it...youth to adult.

I second the genisis bow..nice bow for starters and even later when they get bigger and need more pounds smile.gif

My 12 year old out grew his Browning Aero Hunter all set up.It has a adjustable draw from @ 21-27" and pulls between 35-60lbs.It has a brand new Whisker Bisquit rest, new Tru Line optic sights, 6 brand new carbon arrows, with 4 others about a year and a half old, Muzzy or retractable broadheads, hard case and Cobra wrist release. Sell for $150.If anyones interested, just e-mail the forum and I'll get back to you. Thanx!