Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Jason Boser, merc, bmc....

Duffman

....what are the slush conditions looking like on lakes north of GR?????

Thanks,

Duff

Esenjay

I fished Jesse today and there was 16-18" of ice and no slush.

JustEnoughToEat

Was there much snow on the ice??

Tim O

All of the slush froze on jessie and bowstring.

Was -37 this morninng!!

Duffman, how did you do when you were up here? I didn't make it out with all of the family that was here.

I've got one of my big houses out and the rest this weekend.If your up stop by.

merc

Last time out I ran into some slush on a small lake I fish but that should be frozen now with all the cold weather I would think. Three of my buddies are coming up Friday to fish for three days so watch out fish. We should be hitting a bunch of lakes so I should have a full report early next week. It seems the fishing has been picking up a little from the people I have talked to but I haven't been out a whole lot myself yet. Everything I have gotten so far has been on the small side but I'm going to some different lakes so who knows.

Hoytmystic

Just the top 2-3". Are slush after you drill. you can find spots where there is slush already. But overall its pretty good.

Kyle Curtiss

Graybuck

Hey Duffman,

You coming up for trout opener?? Lots of ice on the lakes now. Winter is finally here. I have been out a few times got some fish for a taste. Did you head up to canada for the usual fishing trip?

Duffman

Thanks for the updates guys!! It will really help with our decision process leading up to next weekend. If anybody makes it out this weekend, please update me on anything you find with slush, snow, and ice conditions. It's greatly appreciated, thanks!

Graybuck....

I hope all is well with you and your family. Yep, were coming up chasing trout. Camping this time, hope that -37 weather will take a break for a couple weeks. We still don't know where we're staying or fishing. Bill B informed us of slush conditions as of Monday, I'm hoping the deep freeze took care of most of it. We would like to stay at the campsite on the west side this year. If that doesn't pan out, we've got a couple more ideas on where to camp and fish. The Canada trip was a good time, Mahoney came out from PA, the rest of the crew was made up by Bushwac, Gissert(&Warden), TBone, and WallEYES crew. Didn't get into many lakers, but the crappie bite was fun, sled travel only. We're heading back up in March, Geeman might be on this years list.

TimO.....

I was able to get into about 8 crappies, kept 2 the rest were smallish. I think I had a decent walleye on that I lost at the hole. Took Harley out for the evening bite but it was non-existent, they only bit that morning. Other than that it was family holiday time. I'll be up a couple more times before the ice is out, probably stop by and see ya then.

bmc

I must be getting older, as I haven't been out lately on account of the cold weather. Was up at LOW on Tuesday, slow bite, only 10 in the bucket for 2 guys, we could've left by noon. Was out on Bowstring last night, no slush that I saw, but I'd still use caution. Only vehicle traffic was on the road going off the north access.

Brian

M.T. Bucket

Graybuck,

You been out to Prairie yet?

merc

Duffman, finally hit some of the lakes and found pockets of slush on some of the smaller lakes we fished. Even with all the cold weather. One spot we set up and the water came gushing out of the holes. Jessie and Bowstring had slush earlier but they were froze up now. Fishing was OK but not fast and furious. Got some crappies on the string and a couple of smaller lakes and was shut out on walleye on Jessie.

Duffman

Thanks for all the info guys, but it looks like I'm pulling the plug on this trip. One of my crew went down with a broken leg on Saturday, sled accident. So the rest of us thought about just forgoing the camping trip, and doing day trips to trout lakes, but with that tundra forcast, I don't think it'd be that fun heading out in the morning at -25 to -30.

Maybe a trip later in the season.

merc.... ahhhhh the mythical Jessie lake winter walleye. Maybe this is the year I slay that beast. grin.gif