• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

BradB, Ole1855, Bturck

gizmoguy

BradB, Looks like Mac's started pulling to the gravel. Do you head straight on out there? We were next to each other at the end of last season. Maybe we could find a finger or rise and get a group of FM'ers together. We have talked on this forum about getting together and meeting face to face. This goes out to the other FM'ers out of Mac's Twin Bay also. Krebber,Ole1855,Will fish for food,invadersman, Bturck. I should be up there this weekend and I'll be pulling my house out to the gravel before it gets to crowded. I run my Navionics chip in my truck so I can drive out and find spots that are still open to colonization.

gizmo,

Since I'm new to Mac's I guess I need some assistance in deciding where to fish. Right now I'm on Hawkbill, looking down there with the camera the structure look's great, problem is, no fish. We fished there Tues., Wed. and Thur., 2 walleye's, 3 pout and 2 perch. I don't know if I want to give it another weekend and see what happens or move. I'm open to some suggestions????

Ole1855

gizmoguy,

I called up this morning and confirmed that they have already moved me out to the gravel. I'll be up there tomorrow and through the weekend more than likely. I'm on top of a nice little hump I've been on the past two January's. If any of you guys want to move in nearby (not too close, of course), that's fine by me just as long as you don't run a generator. Nothing personal, but I HATE listening to generator noise. If you guys pick another spot, that's fine too. But let's get together sometime soon.

BradB what's your house number. I can check in the office and find you. Mine is #156. I do have a generator this year. But it is one of the quiet kind. Used it the first time last weekend. We couldn't hear it in the house when it was 20' away and on my tailgate. It can be run in the back of my topper with the windows cracked open. I don't need to run it all the time either. I put in a RV converter so it charges up the batteries when on. I'll let you decide. It would be nice to have somewhere to send my kids when they start driving me nuts. wink.gif. Ole1855, I just got out last weekend. 19' on one of the rock humps on the north side of hawkbill. End of road F. Not much happing there either. Mine or the surrounding houses. 1 small walleye and eelpout. It can be hard to tell if it is due to location or weather pattern. Didn't even see any crayfish or small perch on the camera. That was unusual. We didn't get to have our lines in the water overnight Friday because there was no snow to bank my house. But there were some good reports from the mud. Somebody allways gets them somewhere on Mille Lacs. Usually not under my house. And I don't just pull my house anywhere. I scope out the spot with GPS and a locator perty hard first. In my many years on the lake one should be heading for deeper water by early to mid Jan. Some years the bite on the gravel is over before the big houses can get out there. The shallow/mid rocks are usually best first ice and in Dec. That's what is nice about Mac's location. Lot's of good stuff close in for first ice and service out to the gravel and a road to the flats.

gizmo,

I'm on road E just past Kevin's pack of rentals, we left early Fri. morning because of the lack of snow for banking and I was getting the flu, YUCK, the flu was no fun!!! I will have to check with my fish house partner and see what he thinks about moving. I'll let you know,

Ole

gizmoguy,

I don't like to give out personal info on the net like my house number. I'll make a point of tracking you down this weekened, and then we can exchange e-mails, phone #'s, etc. It would be good to share them between all of the MTB customers on this board so that we can look out for and help one another.

If you have one of those new Honda generators, or similar, that won't bother me. What gets me are those old 2 cycle bangers that rattle around and echo off the houses all day and night. Last year on the very spot I'm on now, I had two people set up near me--one north, one south. Both put their generators in the direction of my house, and ran cords to their houses. I heard it in stereo and it made an awful racket and about drove me nuts. I had to kindly point out that they had pointed their noise makers at me, and they were nice enough to move them. Some people, sometimes, just don't think things through I guess.

Your kids seemed pretty decent. They are always welcome to stop by if they start driving you nuts.

Fellow Mac's folks...I look forward to your reports from the gravel. Friends I know have been out there in portables for more than a week. They've done good. Be interesting to see if it keeps up with the added traffic. As for me, I'm staying where I am. I'm in 20 feet/rocks on Road I. Fishing has been fair - enough keepers to eat (as long as you make a salad, too) and one 26.5 incher in two trips. I usually go to the gravel, but the cost, my winter work/fishing schedule and having to buy new skids this summer make me think it's not a good move this year. Plus, I'm hoping the perch show up soon. I've been told that happens on I as winter takes hold. True of false?

We put our house out last Sunday. Nice to get the snow on Saturday night, Kevin came by with the plow and banked us up on Sunday morning. We are out on Road I. Grey house, flying duck on the side. One of my sons will be there on Friday throughout the day and my youngest (23) is headed up Saturday with a coouple of buddies. Slow on Sunday, saw lots of perch on the Aqua. We will probably be headed to the gravel shortly, at least by next weekend. guess you don't need my house number, the description above should be a one and only out there. No eyes on Sunday and only three perch. But my grandson had fun watching TV all day, I mean Aqua View. Good luck if you're in the area and see a cranberry colored Yukon XL I'm there, extended cab P/U with Turck Builders on the side thats my son Dano, and a White Chev with a wild paint job thats Brad. I think I need a bigger house confused.gif Good luck to all and hang on. Bill

BradB: That might have been my son last year you asked to cool the generator about. He said he had set it up and got to putting things away and just never gave a thought to the noise on the ice. He mentioned this last weekend that someone had stopped and asked if he could get it off the ice. That was out on the gravel and there was no snow then to insulate the sound. Kind of causes a constant jiggin' action I would think, huh. He felt bad about it, just wasn't thinking at the time. Usually we bring batteries and just run off of those. Bill

Bturk,

It could have been your son. Both parties I talked to were very nice about it and quickly understood the problem. It was kind of funny in a way. Each of them set up within 75 yards of me, and then put their generators 20 yards away from their houses and 50 yards or so next to mine. Both generators were older models, and weren't quite rattling in synch. It was quite the holy racket within my house! I couldn't quite see waves in my holes, but I didn't look closely.

See you guys out there!

BradB: If it was my son, I'm glad he was respectful. Even though he's 40 I'd still kick his butt if he wasn't. grin.gifWill be looking for you as well. Bill

gizmo,

I talked to my buddy last nite, we both feel that where we are should be good, so we plan on staying where we're at.

Ole

Ole1855, Krebber, bturck you all can't be to far away from me. I was at the end of road F. They might have made the road farther north since then. My house is easy to spot. It is a 2-story dark brown with red trim. I now have 2 solar panels on the upstairs also. I should be up on Friday night and give the rocks one more try. I'll fish through the dawn bite and if I'm not impressed I'm going to move out to the gravel. I can move my own house. Maybe by BradB. Staying on the rocks all season for the night bite and roaming around the lake during the day is a legitimate strategy. And the big perch do show up deep and on the mid and deep rock piles later in the season. Also very late in the season the big walleyes can start to get active on the mid/shallow rocks again. Stop by and introduce yourself. It's a big lake and sharing info is what it's all about. Bturck I know I can find your house. I saw it near shore last weekend. Hopefully I'll be up tonight. Wife tried to give me a task this morning for Sat. morn but I think I can get out of it.

Thought I would chime in on the Mac's discussion, we have been there for a good 5 or 6 years now.

I and a number of buddies have a house out of Mac's. We are still at road C with plans to move it to gravel after this weekend. Where we are currently is just sand with the occasional rock here and there, probably not ideal. Plan is to search for the walleye tomorrow with a portable and have them move us out Sunday for the following weekend.

For the record, been up once this year and caught a couple of dink perch and some pout. No walleye in sight.

Welcome, I'll add you to the list of people to meet. Since I can pull my own house I plan to move out tomorrow to a spot that looks good on the gps/locator. I can tweek my position from there. How many run a marine band radio? Mac's is on #88. Fm'ers usually use #69. I can scan both.

Mac's folks...I'm in the teal/blue house with black door near end of I. I will be up there Sat-Sun with my 2 boys - ages 10,3. (Dark blue dakota w. topper. Stop and say hi if you want. With the kids along, I won't be doing much visiting....or fishing. smile.gif P.S. Turck...we must neighbors off the lake, too. I'm from Sauk Rapids.

Hey guys: Just got off the phone with my son who spent the whole night off of Macs main road on road I. NOOOOOt a bite. No even a pout. He said he drove back a couple of roads and talked to a couple of houses late last night. he was driving an extended cab red chev Z71 with Turck Builders on the side.

Anyway Kevin was moving him out to the gravel this am. When he called they were just going past Hennepin enroute to the gravel 5-6 miles out. Maybe there is some action out there. He was looking to set up on a hump that topped out at 16-18 with deeper breaks down to 28-30'. I'll let you know what he finds out there. I'm headed out in the St Cloud area to chase some crappies. Life is good. Good luck and hang on. By the way our house is grey, with a flying duck on the side, if you're nearby stop and say hi. Bill

Hi guy's,

Sud's and I just got back from the lake, we got there at 8:30 Sat. morning, not a bite until 4:30 Sun. morning. We had 4 take downs, 3 took the bobber down about 12" and up they came, 1 took it good and I snapped the line on the set. We are on Road E next to Kevin's rentals, we talked to several people, no bites. Since Sud's and I are new to this side of the lake and we really don't want to go out 5 miles, is there any 25-28' water with a mud bottom near were we're at now?? MAybe within 1/2-1 mile??

Ole

Just got back from the lake. Not a bump from my spot on Rd. F. 19' rock hump. Moved to north tip of 5 mile. 28' deep. A nice strip of rock under one of the holes. Got one small walleye in the afternoon on a set line. At sunset we put the camera away and the locator lit up with fish. Every time I jigged the lure a fish was looking at it. Had 2 bumps that I didn't get hooks into. Had a good fish get off half the way up. Caught one. I changed lures but couldn't get most of them to go. Caught 2 more on Sunday morn. Must of seen a dozen or so walleyes cuise through durring the day. But they all spooked when we jigged or just ignored it. Bturck saw your house getting moved to the gravel south of me on Sat. Stoped by and met your son. You were not there yet. BradB I think I located your place. Was going to stop by on Sunday buy it started snowing and could hardly see anything. It was hard enough getting off the lake with following the trail on my gps. How did you do. I'll keep trying to meet up with all of you Mac's FM posters. And to top it off I lost a tire on my snowmobile trailer. With my big dually truck I didn't notice it for a while. So I ended grinding most of my hub off. I had to leave the trailer and sleds in Olgilve. It looks like the spindle is ok. But it got very close. Looks like I will be heading back up tomorrow to fix that mess.

Sorry I didn't look any of you guys up this weekend. I had a buddy over I hadn't seen in a while, and once we got talking we didn't stop. I'm going back tomorrow, and will be there most of the next several weeks.

If you see a guy with a blue vest, red arms, and black pants running on the lake. That's me.

gizmo: Two of my sons made it up this weekend. I opted to stay in St Cloud and chase the local crappies. Two days of fishing produced two limits of craps and 2 14" eyes. Dan was there on Friday night and had Kevin move the house on Saturday morning. He picked up two eyes, no size though. My younger son Brad and his buddy went up that night and not a bite. they spent more time on the sleds than fishing, but he said Sunday morning he was ready for the daylight bite and not a bobber moved. I may not be up that way for a week or so now, headed to LOW next Monday. I've got a cranberry colored Yukon XL. If you spot it stop by and I'll do the same. Bill

Fellow Mac's folks...Me and my 2 boys fished Sat a.m.-noon Sun. We had one eye that went 23 inches. (The 3-year-old "caught" it - his first-ever walleye.) Other than that, it was slooooow around me/Road I. Talked to friends out on the gravel. They did well until late Saturday afternoon. Otherwise, it sounds like the mobile anglers are doing the best - as usual. Wonder what they do with their kids? I'm out of the game for at least a week - I'll be watching for everyone's updates. P.S. Did you all hear that Kevin's mother finally passed? The funeral is Tuesday in Isle. The resort has info on memorials/etc.

A buddy and I got up to the Lake early Saturday about 1:30 a.m., unfortunately we were out of propane. Was a bit of a chilly night. I caught about a 10# northern, saw it come in on the camera, pretty cool, otherwise just a few small perch. Went out to the gravel in a portable in the afternoon, one small walleye. Saw a fair amount on the camera but couldn't get them to bite. Will have out permanent out on the gravel this weekend. Hopefully the bitter cold inspires the fish to bite.

To all the Mac's folks,

Does anyone know if Kevin has a road plowed out to the Graveyard? I'm thinking of moving this Sat., I really don't want to go way out to 5 mile, but I would like to get into deeper structure like the Graveyard or maybe even Hennepin Is.

Anyone know?

Ole

bturck,

my mille lacs fishing has not been to hot this year, where did you go after those crappies?? i also am in st. cloud and am tired of getting skunked at little rock fishing for DECENT perch and walleyes, any help appreciated

alwaysfishin: Two Rivers, fished the north end 23' pink glow jigs. They were fussy as H. Had to tease a lot to get some action. Bill