• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Questions about the "EXTRAVAGANZA"

This will be my first time to this event and I was wondering what time is a good time to get there at? Is the check in fairly slow or do they move you along pretty quickly? They say that you can reserve holes after 8 but otherwise to they just put you at a spot or what? Are you able to bring your own beer or booze with you. Cuz I hope so. How many people usually attend the fishing part of the event. Sorry for all of the ?'s, and thanks to whomever replies.

Andy

Andy, everything is run very smoothly. Not much waiting in line, but I would suggest getting there between 8 and 9 a.m. (via bus from one of the pick-up spots). There will be about 20,000 plus holes drilled and about 14,000 fishermen/women. You can bring alcohol, but it has to be plastic or cans. No glass bottles. You will have a blast, tell you friends about it.

Walleyedan

One other thing, if you are skilled (lucky wink.gif) enough to catch a fish please be prepared to transport that fish in a bucket or bag of water up to the weigh scale. (at least enough water to cover the gills)the Brainerd chapter of the MN Walleye Alliance and local DNR officials will be releasing, or attempting to release all fish that come to the scales.

Round up some fishing buddies

Dress warm

Show up early to get a the spot you want

Bring with you only what is needed

You will have a blast!

Good luck!!

Hope to see you in the weigh line

Chris Erickson

Brainerd Chapter President

MN Walleye Alliance

Be sure to bring an ice chisel. The holes are predrilled the day before and two years ago it took almost an hour to get you hole nicely opened up. Other than that come early and dress warm. It is a great event.

Great suggestion on the C&R bags (or buckets), Chris. Everyone out there has a five-gallon bucket, right? And most of the fish caught during the contest easily fit in one. Be good to see a few more fish safely released during the contest.

Good luck everyone. Should be another fun-filled fish catching free-for-all! smile.gif

-Toad

Hey, thanks for the info. I can't wait to get up there. This sounds like a great event. Good luck to all who attend.

Hi Ajmurf, like the boys already told you it is a very fun event. Be sure to bring warm clothes. Some years it's been very nice out, others have turned a bit nasty so be prepared for any weather we may have. The use of the shuttles works out great and they run constantly back and forth all day, so you can leave at any time. One of the parking lots is accross the street from our shop here in Nisswa, about 1.5 miles from the contest. So its a short ride. The other is down at the BIR racetrack. Be sure to stop in and grab a free contest area lakemap, plus we will have lots of bait specials that day to get you set up. Good Luck and have fun at the contest!

Jason Erlandson

All right, sorry to bother you all again. We just recieved our tickets for the tounament, but all of the tickets have only one guys name and address on them. Do any of you know if we can change that at the registration booth or do we have to call someone? I already emailed the jaycee's for info, but I don't know when they will get back to me. Thanks for your time and sorry for bothering you all again.

Only 11 more days......

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

You must mean the labels they send along with the tickets. Those are for the rafle tickets they sell on the ice(convenience). Your friends can hand write the info or print their own labels ahead of time. You'll want to lable the actual ticket as well so that if you get separated from your ticket you have a chance at getting it back. This happens at least a few times during the contest. Especially on windy days.

Good Luck!

Do they sell food on the ice and do they have any sort of warming tent set up? This will be my fiance's and my first year. Thanks for the help!

YES THERE WILL BE MANY FOOD TENTS THIS YEAR, AS FAR AS STAYING WARM MAYBE A SMALL PROPANE HEATER & HANDWARMERS.

Dress as warm as possible, you can always take it off. Park your vehicle at the shuttle areas, if you drive to hole in the day you will be sorry! The shuttles are very good. Bring a ice chisel. Dont drink booze, you will get colder, drink something hot. Good luck

Can you purchase the entry fee tickets on the ice the morning of the contest or do you have to buy them before hand?

Yes you can! I believe someone will be selling them at S&W on the day of the contest.

Walleyedan

Jason at sportland, what time will you guys be opening, and what time do the shuttles start up? Thanks!

I'll be open for business at 6:00 am the morning of the contest. Someone from the contest will be here selling tickets and we will have lots of minnows for everyone. Plus we will have contour maps of the contest area free of charge.

The shuttles usually start running at 8:00 am from the church parking lot accross the road from my bait shop. The shuttles are yellow school busses, no trailers.

By the looks of the forecast the temps are going to break and could be 10-20 degrees. Tropical compared to last week.

Jason Erlandson

I heard the New Reed's Store up there will be opening at 6:30am on Sat...Anyone else hear that?

Can't Wait for the Tourney!

Good Luck Everyone!

Chev