• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gander in store sale

pmcrawler

There is a unadvertised in store sale at Gander Mountain till Jan 8th. It is a after christmas inventory reduction. Lots of hunting stuff is 10-30% off. All fishing is 10% off and ice fishing is 5% off. Some clothes items are 50% off. This includes electronics so a fl-18 is $379.00.

I would like to say thanks to the Gander in Forest Lake for not updating their Fish Trap Guides, They had them marked at $349 Cabelas was $299 YUUP walked out the door with one for $199!

MUDMAN,

How did you do that? Their policy is to double the difference up to $50.00.

Nice deal.

True double the difference up to $50. it was a $50 dollar difference. so I got $100 off. You should have seen the faces on the kid behind the counter trying to figure it out grin.gif

quality laugh!!

You should see the look on my face...what?

Can you explain this to me..double the difference? Thanks

Gander will double the difference in a competitors price (up to $50). So in the case above, the difference in price was well over $50 ($349 @ gander vs. $299 @ cabelas). So what they do is match the low price and pay you double the difference. In this case, matched cabelas at $299, then since the difference was greater than $50 they doubled the difference of $50 to a total additional discount to $100 off, bringing the final sale to $199.

Man you got a steal! Too bad gander doesn't recognize galyans prices right now! I talked to a sales rep at Gander over the weekend and they said they don't match clearance or closeout priced items (ie Galyans). Too bad, because Galyans had a chronograph baitcaster on clearance for $100 (plus additional 20% off) and Gander was on sale for $150. Could've picked up the reel for basically free! Oh well. The reel was left handed anyway... frown.gif

I am confused on the dicount given above. Here is Ganders policy:

Our promise to you is low prices on every item we sell every day. If you should find a lower price on an identical in-stock item at a local competitor, let us know about it and we will match that price and give you that difference again up to $50. IT'S OUR GANDER GUARANTEE! *Discount Double limited to actual difference in price plus up to $50 over and above price match.

Now with a fish house that is $350, they would match the $299, and then since the difference between Gander and the competitor was $50, they would give you another $50. So basically they match teh price and give you the difference.....so how did it come to a $199 total?

Should it not have been $250?

The deal I got was someone had the Otter houses on sale for 10% off. Gander said they would match that and give me the difference.....So the house was $450....they matched the 10% which brought it to $405, and then gave another 10% which brought it to roughly $365. The guy just actually gave me a strait 20% though..so I got a few more $ off..

Maybe it's that sunflower heater getting to my head...but maybe you got a REALLy good deal???

Hey mudman,

I have been checking the cablea's website and they don't have the fish trap guide listed...so how did you know/prove that they had it for $299? This sounds like an awesome deal and i would really like to pick one up for that price too...

Nope, Gander Mountain does have a double the difference policy. When I was working at the Duluth, Gander MT. We made darn sure that the product in the store matched the ad prices for the week from the competitors in the area. Otherwise had we not, double the difference on an item up to $50. Of course that only worked for the customer and not the workers...bummer wink.gif

So the deal that the Gander gave you for giving you 10% and then bringing down another 10% wasn't a true interpretation of their policy. What they should have done is matched the price of the competitor's cost on the product and then given you double the difference. They give you a double up to $50, so the most a guy could get off would be $100.

Ex. If say....Cabela's had a reel for $30 and Gander had the same reel for $40. They would bring the price to $30 and double the difference. In this case you would pay $10 ($10 x 2)= $20 and then $30-$20= $10 your cost! Pretty sweet deal huh?

Gander had line for $1.99 and Fleet was selling it for $1.49. Gander called over to Fleet to check the price and they brought the price down to $1.49 and doubled the difference (.50 x 2= $1.00). So I got a packs of mono for .49/.50 cents!

Not a great steal like the fish house, but it all adds up---I just bought more lures.

I'm pretty sure I gave you good examples....maybe I need to get away from that sunflower heater too ooo.gif Or maybe I need to get closer grin.gif

Well unfortunately it seems like you got the only great deal there mudman...I tried going to the Forest Lake Gander today and doing your deal...It didn't work because they said it doesn't count on items that are on sale, and the 299.99 price from Cabela's is a sale...so they would give it to me for that, but no less...

Well, on the reciept I have it says "Find a lower price on a identicle instock item at a local competitor, we'll match it and take that difference off again, up to $50." I am still thinking I should have gotten more off if it was the double the difference deal. It's still within 90 days so I should be able to talk to them I am assuming... who knows..

Also...the Otter I bought was one sale...and they price matched it plus the additional. I told them it was on sale for 10% off and I got it.... That was the Fridely store.

Well 5 Gander Mountains later I finally found one that was willing to give me the deal, the bloomington store gave me their price down to Cabelas (332-299) plus then took 33 dollars off of the 299 and then an additional 5% because of their sale, after tax I got a new guide for $270...not quite the deal mudman got, but I am content with it...

• 3 weeks later...

I went to the gander in minnetonka and they have augers on sale I got a 51cc shark for $250 regular its $300+