Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Hookmaster

Paulin Heater/Cooker doesn't run off a bulk tank

Question

Hookmaster

I have a Paulin 3000 heater/cooker which looks like a Mr. Heater heater/cooker. It will run fine on the 1# disposables but when I try and run it off a 20# tank, no gas is coming through to the burner. The gas is coming through the hose since I depressed the seal to check. This hose is a Mr. Heater brand hose not a Paulin. Do you think the the seal on the end of the hose is recessed too far and is not being depressed by the nipple on the valve?

5 answers to this question

FishnBear

Are you useing a tank with an OPD valve on it. If you are try taking the hose off the tank, I think this resets the valve, then put the hose back on the tank and the heater, open the valve on the tank very slowly until you here the hose filling with gas, once the hose is full you can open the valve the rest of the way. I had this problem once the OPD valves can be touchy.

S.D. Ice Angular

Hookmatster;

I have the same set up and have “NO PROBLEM” with using the 8-foot hose on my 20 pounder. I don’t know which hose I have though??? This could be the problem, not sure. Are you setting the tank outside where it is extremely cold?? I have had propane not flow when it gets really cold (Not sure the exact temp where it stops flowing) but it does make a difference.

Good Luck Hook!!!

Hookmaster

The tank has an OPD valve and it was 15 degrees out when I tested it. The gas is flowing from the tank and through the hose since when I insert a screw driver in to the end of the hose that hooks to the heater gas comes out. I'll call Paulin and see what they say.

Ret-ro

I have to really tighten my hose adapter in tight or mine won't open the safety valve. Give it a try.

Hookmaster

Well I compared the "nipple" on the Paulin heater to my Mr. Heater Junior. The Mr. Heater Junior's nipple is probably 1/8 to 3/16 inches longer than the Paulin. So the nipple on the Paulin isn't depressing the seal on the end of the hose. I am going to try and buy a Mr. Heater/Cooker valve and see if that fits on the Paulin.