• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake ICE Event - Sat. Jan 22nd

Hey Matt, was wondering if I should bring the 4-wheeler or sled, or can a person drive where ever they need to, I didn't want to haul them if I didn't need to? THANKS!!! grin.gif

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Johnson

• hanson

• metrojoe

• Kylersk

PERCHJR-

We don't have any snow here. mad.gif

I'm going to have my sled out there because I prefer to go that way but you shouldn't need one at all.

Thanks HANSON, still thinking about bringing something anyways just to be more mobile!! grin.gif Probably see yah Saturday!!!

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!!!

You can drive your truck pretty much anywhere on the ice without any problems. Like hanson said, not much snow and we have a nice solid layer of ice. I've been driving out on Medicine for several weeks now across the majority of the lake. If there are any concerns you will be notified at the start of the event. See you on Saturday!

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I don't know Ebass...5, 5:30, 6...it's all WAY too early in the AM!!! People tell me the fish bite that early, but I'm not buying it. They are all tucked into their beds waiting for us late bloomers!!! tongue.gif

Wastewater, I will be out there with a fish trap voyager if you dont find anyone to join you, you are more than welcome to join me. Adam

ATM,

When you heading out there. I was thinking about sneaking out there tomorrow. I'll be in a two tone Ford red/silver. I've got an FM sticker in the back window.

Metrojoe,

I'll see you Saturday morning. I'll have just my son along so definitely will be able to move around although I still don't have any shelter. If it is like the last Saturday we were there, we didn't even turn on the heater!

Gators first unless Med Man or Joe recommend something else to hit early and then back after some northerns is my current plan.

I did meet Moby1 last time and it looks like he has been hitting fish and was looking to partner up as well so he may have some other recommendations as well.

Irv

OK let me get a few stupid questions out of the way. Are we to meet at Harty's or on the lake?

If we're meeting at Harty's, where would he like us to park?

If we're meeting on the lake, are we parking at the headquarters (stacking up 50 - 60 trucks right next to each other)?

This is my first event and I'm looking forward to it (I just got my Vexilar today).

Thanks for the info and see you on Sat?

Hey Tripleplay,

I think I'm going to stay in the same general area and punch a few holes and see if I can find a little structure to sit on thats not to far from some deeper water.

Hopefully I'll be able to throw out a tip up and search the area around it for some panfish. It all depends on how long it takes me to find it. Looks like were going to have some good weather for this event.

See ya Saturday

Just wondering if you are still eligable for door prizes if you come the day of the event?

Cubbies

I believe we'll be parking on the ice. It'll be figured out by the time you get there.

Any one using dead bait for pike?

There will be I.C.E. Series staff directing traffic upon your arrival.

Ebass-

I was thinking of using some dead bait. I picked up some nice herring up in Blackduck Saturday and then left the package in my parents freezer blush.gif. I hope dad doesn't decide to eat it. Otherwise I'm going to pick up a couple nice suckers and play with them for awhile unless I can find some dead bait down here.

I also have to give my new VS560 a shot on Saturday. I'm pretty excited about this camera.

Anyone prefishing on Friday? I haven't been out there yet this year and wanted to see what I could muster up.

Metro, I just got back, I was planning on doing it tommorow but with a new baby in the house i am noticing plans change quickly. Well I got out there fired the auger up and gas was pooring out of one of the gas lines. I was only able to get 2 holes cut . Got set up and realized my shelter license was gone, it was on the house last time out. Finally got a line down the hole and was staring to rig the second one and dropped my lazer light down the hole. Ended up with several small perch 2 crappies and 2 small eyes. Not bad considering I was only able to drill 2 hole. Adam

I may show up for this event... But I'm a bit gimpy at the moment, just had surgery on my wrist, so.. Are there going to be pre-drilled holes? Or are we responsible to drill our own?

Holes are not pre drilled and you can fish wherever and how ever you wish. There will be lots of people more than willing to drill you holes, If you are near me, I will.

There will also be groups going out. Just head with any group and you should get taken care of.

Thanks for the offer BDR, but after speaking with the schedule maker (my wife) it'll cut too close to our evening plans. Maybe I can make the Minnetonka event!

Kylersk-

I would have punched a bunch for you also.

Hope you can get the 'better half' to 'adjust' the evening plans.

Do you have to be pre-registered to get door prizes? Might head out but won't know till the last minute.

Cubbies

You can register at the event. If you register online its 10 bucks and 15 at the event.

We have off shore parking available one block south of Harty's, at East Beach and the Ryerson Tull lot directly behind the park.

We will have the seminar and prize drawings just to the south of Harty's.

Should be a good event. We are expecting a good turn out.

Hope to see every one there!

I just wanted to say hello to all and to wish everyone good luck at the gettogether!

Hi Matt Johnson and BDR!!!

CM

Not that there is anything wrong with spearing, but just to keep it fair for all anglers, we won't be allowing speared fish to be weighed for this contest.

Sorry, I hope you understand.