• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

bowtech vs mathews

DRH1175

I know this is probably a personal preference question. But I am thinking about buying a new bow before next season. Am updrading after shooting my old pse for 10 years. I have shot both the outback and patriot and thought the both were awesome. But which way should I go. The price is the same what does everyone think?

Which one feels right to you? That is the one to go with. If they feel the same, flip a coin. Sorry, best advice I can give when the technology of both is top of the line. You can't go wrong here at all!

I would shoot a few other brands also if you havn't already, unless you have your heart set on one of these two. The more the better in my opinion, I shot both of these bows during my research and found them very impressive indeed, but I found a different bow that I shot just as well and with similar arrow speed for less $, and after two seasons I wouldn't trade in for anything else. Everyone shoots differently so the best advice is to shoot them all, then decide. Besides thats part of the fun!

No one can answer this for you, the truth is, both of these bows are capable of shooting better than a human can make them, you've got to decide which one feels best to you, and which one you can shoot the best with.

Having said that, I shoot a Mathews Outback, to me, it was the best feeling and shooting bow I found, and I love it.

I was about to purchase an outback about three weeks ago. Ready to make the sale (95% sure I'd buy a matthews), then I went to another local dealer and shot the bowtech alligence, and order it on the spot. I told my friends I didn't think I would buy a bowtech, boy do I pay for that now! Both are great bows, I just liked the service at the one shop over the other and the bowtech is awsome. It's all how the bow shoots and feels to you. like the other posters said try a few brands, not just 8-10 arrows, but shoot them for an hour or more, that will tell you which one is right for you.

If you don't mind having deer "jump the string" you can shoot the Bowtech but I prefer to have the deer remain still until the arrow is actually in the deer. The Bowtech sounds like a gun going off compared to any of the Mathews bows. Just my $.02!!

• 2 months later...

Not sure what he means by a Bowtech sounds like a gun going off compared to a Mathews. I own the Allegiance and mine is alot quieter then the Switchback. I shot both bows and took the Allegiance over the Switchback hands down.

If you are thinking Bowtech tho, go with the 05 series bows. The new Binary cam system rocks. Fast and accurate in 1 bow. It used to be if you wanted speed you had to give up the accuracy. But not with the new Bowtech. My Allegiance rocks. And if I could ever get the X's to stop moving it would be a hell of alot more accurate. I know my dealer shots my bow and he hits the x all the time. But when I get up there the damned thing seems to keep moving. LOL

DRH - you poor miserable SOB, what a horrible situation you've gotten yourself into!!! Just be thankful that you have that option - just remember if you screw up this fall it aint the bows fault laugh.gif

Well it has been a while since I posted. I ended up with a new Switchback. I shot, hoyts, bowteck allegience, Outback, Parker and the switchback and I really liked the switchback the best. It was by far the smoothest of all of them. Very fast and quiet. It is in and fully rigged and ready to go. Just have to come up with a few more bucks and it will be home hopefully in a week or so.

Bowtechs are pretty nice, but they're still playing catch up with matthews. Personally, I'd go with the Switchback, and wouldn't look back. You'd be foolish not to do some serious shopping around and comparing though, that's a lotta dough smirk.gif