• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Problems with Color Point

DRH1175

Question

I have a color point that I have had trouble with since I bought it. I have the first year they had out model. The trouble is that sometimes the bottom jumps 2 - 3 ft back and fourth to the point you can't see your bait or fish. Then the screen will also light up Orange making it useless. Lucky for me I have a back up LCD 40 to get me by the winter. Does anyone know what is wrong

2 answers to this question

I had trouble with the display on mine last year. Called Zercom because noone around here wanted to work on it. I ended up sending it back along w/ $90 (out of warrantee). Got it back about 2 weeks later and it's been working fine since. My problem was that the display faded out after about 5 minutes of use. Your's sounds like it might just be the transducer though. Can you feel the 'tick tick....' when you put your hand over the end of it?

Yes I can hear it. Actually there was a recall on the transducers right after I bought it. Had that replaced but it really never cured the problem. I have the LCD 40 hooked up to the same transducer and it works fine. Also have 2 different transducers in the boat that the Color point does the same thing. I personally feel the color point is just a piece of crap. I used to have the clearwater classic which in my opinion was a better unit minus the color. The LCD 40, which is by far better than the clearwater will have to get me by. I was just trying to figure out if Zercom, marcum whoever could give me a deal on a new one because of my problems with my old one, from day one. Otherwise I will be chucking it in the trash and hopefully affording a new color flasher next year. Thanks for the input though