Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
walleyedan

15th Annual Extravaganza

walleyedan

18 more days and it's Extravaganza time again!! I'm sure most of you know all about it, but there are some people out there that need to experience it. It's an event, not just a contest. I have missed only one year and I think that was the year I would have won!! Too bad!! Actually this year I think I'm going to win. It's January 22 from 12-3 p.m. on Gull Lake's Hole-in-the-Day Bay. If you have the the day open, I would say it's a must. The money raised goes to charities that's the special part about the event. Just one of the special parts I guess. If you go to www.icefishing.org, you will find more info.

Walleyedan

phishandpheasant

Been there the last three years and it is awesome. I have caught 3 fish, but I don't think if you taped them all together I would have qualified for a prize laugh.gif Oh well, I will be dropping the line down again in quest of a prize winning fish.

koeps

Ditto on what Dan had said--it is the great experience of the winter. You cannot believe all the people out there and that all can actually be on the ice in one very large area--Fishing can be very good in that area--alot of depth change so get there early to find the hole you want.And the ton of money that is made for the area charities is well worth the price of a ticket..Should be a ball-hope to see all there-Bill

whitesand

are you sure its on the 22nd? confused.gif

cybermuskie

Quick question....I saw in the rules they said you can use a line to check depth before it starts, question is this, can you use your depth finder? Thanks

Sportland_Bait

The event is the best winter ice tourney in the state. It is a great event for everyone involved- charities, participants, and community. The charitable contributions from this event are unsurpassed. I can't say enough good things about the Jaycees, Camp Confidence and the great job they do every year. My favorite part about it every year is all the great people that stop in the bait shop and go out to enjoy the contest. It always draws a very excited crowd. Good Luck this year Dan, maybe its your year.

My tip to everyone is to make sure you get your catch up to the weigh in quickly. A few years back I took my time on the way to the weigh scale with a small perch. Turns out I missed out on winning a portable fish house by about 10 seconds. I still kick myself for that blunder.

Jason Erlandson

AWH

Quote:

Quick question....I saw in the rules they said you can use a line to check depth before it starts, question is this, can you use your depth finder? Thanks

You can use your depth finder all you want prior to and during the contest. I'm guessing the reason it was brought up that you could use your line to check the depth before the contest is that this is the only way you can put a line in the water prior to the start of the contest.

AWH

cybermuskie

Thanks AWH!