Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
dwag70

WHITE BEAR REPORT

dwag70

Hit white bear last night and not much going on SW (VFW) end of the lake Spent about 4hrs and got a couple of small crappies that are still swimming NO permanet houses out there either which is odd .. Did notice alot of people fishing by Ramesy Beach...ANY FMers over there that can tell me if there is a bite going on that way.

hawksguy

we put out our permanant house last night in 24 feet of water, got done about 5:30 and had the first walleye at 6:30. drove all the way out to the house, which was nice, and there were alot of people just starting to drill holes at 7 pm. we marked alot of fish, deadsticking was best, but you could occasionally raise a fish off the bottom with an angeleye and a minnow head. we will be out there by 5 tonight , stop by if you see the light on.

dwag70

Hawksguy,

Were you by ramsey beach ?

packman

I AM HEADING OUT TOMARROW NIGHT HOW MUCH ICE IS THERE

dwag70

Sunday there was 12-14 in the SW part of the Lake (vfw) have not been any where else. Packman do you fish the east end of the lake and how do you get on down there

Mr. Twister

My brother and I hit White Bear on Sunday night we were fishing south west of ordway bar on the edge of a break line in about 26ft. We were out between 4:00 and 7:00. We missed one fish deadsticking on the bottom around 4:45 on a shiner. I was suprised to see all the people out there. I don't recall seeing that many people fishing off of Ramsey beach in a long time. I was also somewhat suprised to see all the full size pickups out on the ice. I even saw a truck heading toward the south tip of the island, I hope he made it back safely. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't area have a history of swallowing cars. (Rumor I have heard is that there is a spring that keeps the ice from freezing solid south of the island). Anybody know if this is true?

Pig_sticka

There are alot of springs in White Bear Lake, I would stay where others have driven before.

I remember the days when near the vfw was great fishing for crappies, its been 5 years atleast since the bite has been good out there. Someday i want to learn the lake for walleyes but I have found other lakes before I had to go out and fish it.

dwag70

Yes there is a spring right over there It is on the side without the bridge on it. I know this much do not go from ramsey beach to the other side on the lake. Couple of teenagers went through 3-5 years ago and did not make it And at least one person a year goes swimming in that area

dwag70

You guys getting crappies or eyes or there ???? Anyone know a way on the lake on the east side other than Bel aire beach

wall eyell be

Sticka

I can teach you the lake for walleyes in the summer, but I haven't found them yet in the winter.

who are those guy

I am bringing two young boys out first time ice fishing during the day on Sat. They live in White bear - so thinking of hitting WBL or bald eagle (not familar with either). Where should I go for numbers of anything. Just need that bobber to go down a few times. 6" perch ok.

setterguy

Heading out the door right now, meeting my buddy and his boss. We'll have a black suitcase style and a black one man house. I'll be in the one man. Post results tomorrow.

hawksguy

dwag, we are straight east of the public access by the bridge to the island. I was out last night just doing some clean up and banking, fished for an hour but no bites. we are about 1/2 mile out. we had 3 full size pick ups by the house with no problem. they were about 25-30 feet away. last night the ice was sure cracking, kinda spooky being out there all alone.

fins&feathers

hello everyone,

just came in from wbl, i was in front of the vfw, nothing much,plenty of sunnies,potato chips, 2 hammer handles,wanted to stay out to see if there was crappies but the lantern broke. one guy came out and put a camera down close to me and said he saw a walleye.

good luck to ya.

TurnUpTheFishing

Was out tonight in the general area of the ramsey beach. Couldnt beleive the amount of traffic out there, they must really be biting!

We didnt get any eyes, but did pack up about 6pm (maybe to early?). We were in 22'.

Anyone one have any general tips for catching Walleyes on WB? What depth ranges? About what times do they feed (do they start later because the clarity)?

Thanks for any help

Bearfish

Don't give up on the eye's too early. We've hung out as late as 10 pm and caught a few before we packed it up for the night. Not many, but it can be rewarding. Best action has been in about 18 - 20 fow. Pulled northern and walleye out of the same hole, so you never know what'll strike!

bobO

been out to WB about 10 times this year and have not had much luck with the walleyes. anyone else having any luck.

Bearfish

This year:

2 eyes on the 25th. 15", 16"

6 eyes on the 26th. 12", 12", 15", 15", 16", 20"

1 eye on the 27th. 21"

...and a few northerns.

Will be out on Sunday.

Pig_sticka

who r those guys.

wbl and bald eagle have alot of smaller perch in them and even bigger if you can find them.

bald eagle just find any type of structure during the day and you can usually hook into a few, probably same for wbl.

i have one spot on bald eagle that i can catch as many 9" perch as i want too. dont care for smaller perch but its fun for action. goodluck!

dwag70

Any Crappie Reports from this here

TurnUpTheFishing

What areas do the walleyes seem to prefer? Weedlines or deeper areas with schools of perch?

What about bait shiners or downsize to fatheads?

Thanks for any help, I would really like to finaly get a walleye out of this lake.

Bearfish

I've been close to a weedline. Caught both walleye and northerns jigging or w/tipups out of same hole/same night.

Both shiners and fatheads have been effective. Before the snow (crust), was catching the northerns well into the evening during the full moon.

dwag70

Was out Saturday and caught my limit (of 3-6" perch) Meet the local DNR office also... Seen a few wallleyes with the cameras ( guys around me I dont own one) but pulled nothing through the ice. Crappie Bite ??? If any one has a hint to where they are email me at dwag70 at yahoo dot com