• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Super Bowl Predictions

Down to Earth

Well now that the Playoffs are set, lets hear some Super Bowl predictions. I'm going to go with Atlanta over Philadelphia in the NFC and Indianapolis over San Diego in the AFC.

Pittsburgh over Atlanta. Michael Vick will get the Falcons past the Eagles in the NFC Championship, but no one will stop the depth and balance of the Steelers.

First of all, I love the purple... but C'mon guys!! We are 2-20 in our last 22 away games and you expect us to go on the road and win 4 str8 playoff games against far better competition than what we've been losing to!! Easy on the chronic mah boy! laugh.gif

PURPLE PRIDE!!

This year the Vikes have beat 1 team with a winning record, with our high powered offense who can stop us?

Last year we lost to the 4 teams with the worst records in the nfl.

The year before we lost to a team that ended the season with 1 win and a team with 2 wins.

Maybe you are right I am going with New England.

Otto, you changed your Packers will win the SB tune? I think you saw the Favre meltdown coming vs the purple people eaters/packer beaters. grin.gif

yep, i knew they would lose, just didn't think it would be to the queens. it was a team meltdown.

wow, the viking fans sure come out of the woodwork when they beat the packers, 1961, i'm telling ya!! wink.gif

moss still sucks, classless!!

Poor Randy needs a labotomy! I don't think I'll be seeing too many packer Starter jackets on the streets the rest of the winter. grin.gif

Quote:

yep, i knew they would lose, just didn't think it would be to the queens. it was a team meltdown.

wow, the viking fans sure come out of the woodwork when they beat the packers, 1961, i'm telling ya!!
wink.gif

moss still sucks, classless!!

Otto,

What are you talking about? I don't see many new names here. It seems to be the same guys that were here last week, Christmas Eve, etc.. Are we coming out of the woodwork, or are you just a bit more sensitive today? We have been here taking our beatings and defending our team throughout the miserable last half of the season.

That 1961 theory of yours is on of the biggest crocks of $%*# any Packer fan has come up with. I am starting to think you have trouble with football reality. Love your Pack, worship your Pack, whatever you want to do. Just don't feed us this crap about your superiority.

I think Otto is probably an OK guy, but I'd have to ompare him with the guy named "backherup" from the Detroit Lions thread... over confident and has an answer for everything.... It makes for a more interesting thread anyways right? P.S. I've been here through all of this too! No bandwagon going on here brotha! wink.gif

what i hope for if for the Vikes to beat the the Patriots, but what I believe will happen is the Steelers will destroy the Falcons.

OK - I had way too much time on my hands today but when something rubs me the wrong way I kind of like to straighten it out.

To those of you wondering if us Vikings fans have come out of the woodwork today:

I went through two past threads that were active before and after the Vikes/Pack Xmas Eve game and did my best to determine if a poster was a Greenie or a Purple. The threads were Greatest Quarterback Ever and The World Loves the Pack. There were 15 different posters for the Vikes at that time and most but not all have posted today. In fact, there are more missing than new people arriving today and on the other side there are many Packer fans who were there then that are missing in today's conversation. Are some a little more vocal? Sure, they are excited, proud and surprised. Let 'em have it, they are allowed. If you find it bugging you, go away until next year or deal with it.

Bravo!!!! It's sour grapes... I've come to expect it from two groups of people... the Packer fans and North Dakota college hockey fans. (I shouldn't stereotype so I'll say that I only mean that statement for a large portion of the fans of both those teams) tongue.gif

i went through them too! (no i didn't) wink.gif

fishguy, how's your day going?

buzzsaw, how's your day going?

just like you folks, i can't take it when the packers lose to the vikings and it's all fran t's fault!

love, a ticked off packer fan!! wink.gif

Morning Otto, I'm just bracing for this super freeze that will be hitting all of us shortly. Disapointed that my Gopher hockey team got swept at home by CC! Over the Vikes/Pack game and nervous about the Eagles game!

Curious about Favre's future... expecting a Patriot victory over Indy as they coast onto a Super Bowl victory! All very exciting right.

ok.. FYI, Nostradamus was a dude who wrote wierd things in his attic in his house in italy (i think) a really long time ago... he was credited wit predicting a lot of stuff.. this being one really cool actually

The Grassy Knoll scholars in their continuing research of Nostradamus and his famous Quatrains of the Centuries where he predicts future events with precision accuracy has uncovered one particular Quatrain that could not be interpreted until now. The Grassy Knoll has determined that the following Quatrain is indeed describing the Minnesota Vikings and their upcoming 2004 season.

Century VI

Quatrain XXII

Eight months born before the great Millennium, The house of Gemini will be dominant in the sky during the harvest of the number of man.

By the fury of a former warrior three years beyond his journey, receives his gift.

To speak the truth they will have closed mouths.

The great bear will no longer be in a false sleep lulled by the mire when the nautical oar extends to provoke the great empire.

No longer will the sweet manna fall upon the Lion, Eagle, or the Ram upon the arrival of the twenty-two horned invaders come ashore. The purple splendor of war shared by all.

Lets examine the first line, Eight months born before the great Millennium, Nostradamus clearly gives us the date of April 1999 which is the month and year Daunte Culpepper was selected by the Vikings in round one.

The second part of line one, “The house of Gemini will be dominant in the sky during the harvest of the number of man.” Gemini has a symbol of twins, or two. Culpepper’s jersey number is eleven, which are twin number ones. Further along, Nostradamus mentions the harvest that puts the timeline at the fall season when Culpepper would begin his dominance. Finally, the number of man according to the bible is six. This is Culpeppers sixth year as a Viking. He is poised to be dominant through the air as in a great passing attack. How befitting that the team he plays for also begins with six. VIkings.

The second line begins with, By the fury of a former warrior three years beyond his journey, receives his gift. This line begins by naming the current coach, Mike Tice. On January 10, 2002, Tice was named the 6th Head Coach in Vikings history. Tice is the 3rd of the 6 Vikings Head coaches to be promoted from within the team's coaching ranks but is the 1st Head Coach to have played for the Vikings. Tice a former Viking (Warrior) is in his third season as head coach. No one can deny coach Tice and the fury he emits while roaming the sideline. His gift can only be the Superbowl victory that all other coaches before him fell short. Only a former warrior can achieve this glory.

The second part of line two, To speak the truth they will have closed mouths. Denotes the team as a whole. Last year Chris Hovan was jarring and jabbering about how good the Vikings were going to be and they came up short. Randy Moss decided to stop speaking to the press allowing his actions on the field to speak for him. In 2004, there hasn’t been that type of hype. It has been quiet confidence. It appears that the team will speak the truth on the field through their actions and ability rather than tout their greatness off the field thus speaking the truth with their mouths

closed.

The third line speaks volumes of the off-season the Vikings had. The great bear will no longer be in a false sleep lulled by the mire when the nautical oar extends to provoke the great empire. To begin, the great bear, refers to Marcus Robinson who after a spectacular season with Chicago has been hurt and has not achieved success since. The mire, (mire happens to be another word for Moss, as in Randy Moss) targets Randy Moss when he exploded on the scene in 1998 making the other receivers stars shine less brightly. Now, teamed together, (nautical oar extends) the tandem will

reach the pinnacle of success that is the superbowl. (Great Empire)

The last line sums of the season for the Minnesota Vikings. No longer will the sweet manna fall upon the Lion, Eagle, or the Ram upon the arrival of the twenty-two horned invaders come ashore. The purple splendor of war shared by all. The sweet manna, or fruits of hard labor and the spoils of war, will no longer be bestowed upon any other but the horned invaders. (The Vikings insignia is a purple horned helmet) The Vikings have been so close to the pinnacle of victory so many times but no more. The twenty-two, (the offense and defense) arrive in 2004 and claim victory with their first superbowl win. The fans, young and all will unite as one and celebrate this victory with a great feast placed out in front of us all. (Purple splendor

of war shared by all)

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT... grin.gif

Good afternoon Otto,

I was out all morning so I hope you weren't feeling ignored. The day is going well and I hope yours is also.

• 4 weeks later...

Quoting M.T. Bucket, 1/10/05:

Quote:

New England 21

Philadelphia 17

Not a bad call, considering it was made while the vikes were still (technically) in it. grin.gif