• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ice auger

gopherfish

Question

I have a StrikeMaster gas auger I just got from my dad. It is probably a 1993-1995 model. I can't remember the specific year. My dad has been telling me that it takes an odd gas/oil ratio. It says what it is in the owners manual, but they just built a new house and in the move, he can't find it. Does anyone know what the ratio might be? Thanks.

1 answer to this question

I'm running an Ultra and the gas/oil ratio, by the book, is 24:1. My old auger, a lazer mag, also was 24:1. My baby tiller, from the mid 90's, having the same motor.... Yep, you guessed it. Also 24:1.

I gave Strikemaster a quick call and they said you could follow the same ratio. They also added that after the break-in tank of 24:1, you can "lean it out a bit" to 32:1 or even 40:1.

Remember with a two stroke motor, better to mix to the "rich" side to be safe. Better too much oil, than too little.

Hope this helps...