Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

Bass_Bully

Any permenants out on Mazaska yet. I'm an hour away and wondering when to bring the house?

rod-man

just small ones there is 8-12in of ice as of the 25th

some small crappies mostly just sniffers not many biters none of any size tryed all over the same where ever I went

Bass_Bully

Thanks, sometimes it's hard to find them nice crappies, but there in there. Hopefully get the house out after the New Year.

Valv

There are many permanents ol lakes around here, people is driving with full size trucks, I even saw a Ford Superduty diesel, that's a 7,500lbs truck shocked.gif

Bass_Bully

Would it be a bad idea to pull a house out with a suburban on saturday confused.gifconfused.gif

Valv

Nope, there should be no problem, ice is at 16" to 20" depending on area.

There are fullsize, diesels, 4 doors trucks running allover.

And there was a F350 diesel, 4 doors, dually with a 18ft permanent. That's a 11,500lbs rig....

rosspj59

Valv, How much snow did you get down there? Wondering how much is on the ice now?

Rip_Some_Lip

Maybe an inch. grin.gif

rosspj59

THANKS RIP SOME LIP!

delmuts

you guys are lucky ! here in N.E. iowa ( sumner) we got 16-17 inches. del

duckhntr

Bass Bully looks like we"re a go for sat. got the house loaded today. what time you want to meet.

Bass_Bully

Hey, you finally got a post on, welcome. I'm ready right now. Saturday am will work for me. Plenty of ice the way it sounds, can't wait cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Bass_Bully

duckhntr confused.gif I thought this was a fishing forum grin.gif

duckhntr

ha ha, couldn't come up with anything else. I'll be to mazaska by 10 or 11, looks like there will be four of us.

Bass_Bully

Just got back from Mazaska. Was all over the lake, drilled about 20 holes. Finally found fish suspended 10 feet off bottom. Very tough to catch though. Ended up with around 20 crappies(all C&R). Vex was lit up for about 2 hours.

Valv

BBully, you should have said you were on Mazaska, I have my permanent there, and was out most of the evening yesterday.

Anybody wants to stop and say hi, I have the only square, tan, retractable wheel, house on east center section of lake, approx 200ft from shore, all by myself.

wink.gif

ec30_06

I see a lot of houses on mazaska what has been biting? any walleye or northern action out there in winter. I am thinking of trying mazaska or shields this week so any info on which one to try would be helpful.

fishtrap3

Are ya catching anything Val?

Valv

Just small crappies, I am remodeling something today, then I might move it.

Mine is mainly a night bite, I'm on a 36ft drop off, standing at 25ft, and there is bite just in the evening.

Bass_Bully

Valv, I'll let you know when I'll be out next and meet you out there sometime. Got the permenent out yesterday and spent the night on the lake. Marked fish suspended 10-15 feet off bottom again yesterday. Very tough bite in the afternoon. Released maybe 6-10 crappies. A couple dif. groups of people stopped asking about the fishing and I was able to put them on fish. Both groups were able to pull up some crappies as well. Waxies and small jig or spoon and minnow tail worked best for me. No crappies on full minnow. Night bight was very dif. Pink glow demon with full minnow. Night bite was great. Between 7-9 pm picked up 13 crappies. These fish were very aggressive. Still was marking fish this am at 9:00 but packed up and left to get ready for Vikes game!!!

Bass_Bully

Oops, it wasn't the glow demon, it was custom jig and spins pink glow shrimpo tipped with full minnow.

Bass_Bully

Still picking up crappies suspended 10-12 feet off bottom. Monday from 2-5 caught 24. Only one after that and left at 9.

czl99

I have never fished mazaka before and would like to try it this weekend. Where is a good spot to start out at on the lake? Is there any spots that you have to watch out for when driving on it? I would like to try for crappies.

Thank You

Bass_Bully

For the most part the lake is pretty safe. There are a few places on the lake to fish crappies. There is three deep holes, 35', 50', and 36'. You will know where they are cause of the group of houses surounding each of these spots. Very crouded, so you may want to try the outer edges of these places. I should be out there either sat. or sun. or both. I drive a red chev. s-10 zr2. Stop by and say hi if ya see me out there. I am away from all of these crouds by myself.

duckhntr

Bass Bully, i'm going sat. about 8 am. u going to be able to make it.wouldn't mind going portable and try for those tough mazaska walleyes.