Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Lost

Long Lake (New Brighton)

Lost

Has anybody fished this lake yet this ice season? I thought about hitting it today but decided on Crooked Lake instead. Shame on me.

Sean, MNWild, Crappieman... if any of you are heading out any of the upcoming Sunday's, drop me a line. I'd love to join ya!

lost_in_tc@yahoo.com

mnwild

Lost,

I might be going out there this coming Friday 12-31, we have it off from work. I was down there Saturday checking things out and there are a few houses out there a ways by the beach. I still have to all my ice fishing gear ready and buy my fish house license. I will let you know for sure by mid week.

Did you have any luck on Crooked?? I drove by there yesterday and the parking lot was full.

Feel free to email me at work to let me know when you will be able to make it out,

csmith@emjmetals.com, I work from 7-4pn M-F.

talk soon.

Crappieman

I plan on being out some time this week. Most likely later this week.

setterguy

Heading out to Long today, throw some tip ups out then try for some eyes around dark, I'll post results.

Ebiz

I'm thinking about putting a house out on Long this year - any tips on what part of the lake is best? Also, has anyone had any problems with break-ins/vandalism in the past?

Lost

I know of a couple car break-ins during the summer but no clue about during the winter months. Why bother with locking it up? Just empty the thing and leave the door unlocked. Less chance of it being destroyed.

Not sure if I'll be heading that way this Friday or not. Waiting to hear from Jim at Gander. He might be at his lake cabin out by Zimmerman... might join him.

But I wanna hit Long Lake. I haven't been out there since October. I miss you guys!

Iceman12

Anyone been out to Long Lake and had any luck? Thinking about heading there tonight.

Captain Bob

I've been out twice and basically got skunked. Talked to a few people on the ice, and they had similar results. A lot of people fish for panfish just north of the park beach on the east side of the lake. I tried the south end last night, out from the dock, from 6-8 and came up empty. Good luck, post your results if you have any luck.

Bob

Lost

Thanks Capn Bob.

I won't be making it out Friday like I was hoping. Too sick to consider heading out. And between the warmth, the rain, and the creeks, do I want to tempt fate anyway?

How thick is/was the ice out there?

PikeMan Seank

hey lost

i was out on long last sunday and dint get a thing me and a friend had a few small lite hits but thats it. i been fishing lake sarah and waconia lately with another buddy of mine and we been hammering the bluegill and crappies out there. i was at silver lake also right when i got there a guy just threw back a 10 pound pike and caught 3 walleye over 3 pounds. people say that lake is no good, but i been fishing it for about 3 to 4 years now and there are big pike over 10 pounds and walleye over 3 pounds and big bass i guess people just over look that lake.

p.s are you doing any ice series this year?

im thinking of hitting a few this year most likely minnetonka and medicine..

Lost

Hey Sean, you talkin' Silver Lake in NB? Let's get going!

How far out have you been on Long Lake?

mnwild

I am curious to if he's talkign about Silver in NB. I use to fish that lake all the time when I was a kid and we would catch Carp and a few pan fish, never knew there where bigger fish in that lake.

Talking about Long, I drove past there over the weekend and there were about 10 houses over by the beach, any idea if they are catching anything??

Crappieman

I was out there Sunday from the 2:30-5 in front of the beach at 18 feet. A lot of lookers, but no takers. I am no sure what the big group did.

Ken

Captain Bob

I was out on Sunday, third time on Long this winter and finally tied into some fish. I caught three walleyes and a handful of crappies. All came within three feet of the bottom, biting fairly light.

Ebiz

Hey Sean, (or anyone else who has ideas)

I just finished building an 8x8 permanent house and am contemplating which lake to put it on. Right now I'm thinking either Silver, Long, or Johanna. I know you fish the metro area quite a bit, which would you recommend? I'm mainly trying for walleyes, northerns, & crappies. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

erich@esultants.com

Lost

What I'm wondering right now is how thin the water is where the small creek comes in by the boat launch. Is it thick enough to set up camp on the edge of current?

Captain Bob

Lost,

Last week there was a hole of open water just to the creek side of the fishing dock. I've fished a little ways out from the dock (by where the bouy was) but didn't have much luck. From what I can tell your best luck is going to come on the breaks on the east or even west side of the main basin.

Bob

CRAPPIEBAIT

Just out of curiosity,who was the guy that drove his little ford festiva out on the ice and right up to my portable ? I'm just wondering if it might have been anyone on here.The date was 12/26/04.

blacksportsman

Went out monday evening in front of the beach in 20' of water. 4 crappies, two 10", one 11", and one 12". Lost a few. Biting really light and staying close to the bottom. I might try Silver (again) in the near future. Tried it 2 years ago and caught nothing.

Ebiz

Has there really been anyone driving out there yet? I was out Saturday on the south end for a bit (didn't even get a bite) and the only cars/trucks I saw on the ice were on the edge by the beach. I'm looking to put up my permanent this weekend - is it a good idea to drive the truck & trailer out there?

mnwild

The ice on the lake should be pretty solid by now. I drove out there last night and there were a few full size trucks out by the beach. I would make it out there this weekend but I am waiting to receive 4 tickets to the Packer-Vikes game this weekend at work today.

Lost

mnwild, let me know if you're going to the game or not. I might join ya on Sunday if you're not.

mnwild

I did recieve the tickets to the game never made it fishing.

I was thinking about this weekend but the temps are suppose to be in the -neg didgets, we will see. I will let you know if I do make it out this weekend.

HDPro

Have not fished in ten years or more , used to be good sized Crappie and Walleye . I plan on going is there a certain time they like to bite? Thanks

Lost

HDPro, not sure about best bite times right now. Wish I did.

MNWild, do you usually head out on weekends only or do you mind fishing after dark? There should be a bit of a warmup after this major cold snap. I'm thinking that a trip out there after work sometime this coming week would be something I need to do.