Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishingdad

Driving on ottertail

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if the trucks are driving all over the lake yet? How thick is the ice now? I'm making the trip up there the week after New Years and was wondering if I should bring the wheeler or not. Thanks Bill

about the only place they weren't driving yesterday was right in front of the riviera ranch access. we pulled up there yesterday about 3 pm and there was a small crowd of people looking at a mess. an ice ridge formed along that side of the lake angling from amor point to east of the access. rumor has it that a pickup truck tried to "jump it" and got a free truck wash. until that mess freezes up, if it freezes up, the only way on that access is by four wheeler. otherwise, while eating christmas dinner at my mom's house, i saw a suburban and a huge fishhouse drive by headed west down the lake. they went right down the middle of the lake at least 5 miles. so i guess the ice is thick enough to drive on unless you're really unlucky or stupid enough to jump ice heaves.

fish on

tc