Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
kelly-p

Ice thickness and the cracks

kelly-p

We have scattered posts all over about the ice so I thought I'll get them all on one topic.

Both Westwind and Hillman's have bridged the cracks and the cracks are pushing back together and healing up real good. Outsider says the cracks started right out of Shotley Brook so they are east of most of the area Roger's fishes and did not effect Mort's at all.

17 inches of ice seems to be the norm out of Westwind and Hillman's. Mort's posted 16 inches and Roger's posted 12 to 16 inches.

superpastorchris

Thanks for the helpful info. I am heading up Monday Morning. I am planning on driving out in a car, unless anyone would advise against that. Thanks again!

Drake

Thanks Kelly! Just wanted to add that all of the access owners I talked to this morning said that they are allowing all vehicles out, but are holding off on allowing diesels out at this time. Hillmans road is marked out 4 miles; Westwind is marked out 3.5 and said that their access is closed for a short while this morning while working on the ice; Rogers' road is marked out 2 miles and is hoping to mark out another mile; Morts is marked out 1 3/4 miles. From talking to them this morning, sounds like the fishing is kicking off pretty decent with fair amounts of crappies being caught and they said the average size has been around 14"!!

LarryK

Thanks for the info. Kelly are you in full swing now or are all your houses not out yet. Its looking like the third weekend in Jan. before I'll be able to get mine up there. I'm back working now so I don't have the free time anymore. confused.gif

bieganekbaitco

Hey KP, you better move that pressure ridge, its right where my honey hole is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gif

RogersResort

Please… Everyone slow down a little when driving on this new ice, the wave you push in front of you vehicle can cause the smallest of cracks to open up. This afternoon when I was marking a small crack in the road along comes two trucks, one tailgating the other and both traveling about 30 mph, long before they got to me I could feel the ice under my feet raise a good two inches and when they went by the ice fractured about 5 feet on the other side bringing water to the top of the ice. Until those two vehicles came by I did not need a bridge but after that I was looking at another two hours of backbreaking work putting a bridge in that spot. Just slow down for a week or so, the crappies will still be there when you get there. grin.gif PLEASE...

wall eyell be

Baitco

The ridge is still there, but Kelly has played a practical joke on you. He moved the honey hole .

kelly-p

Yes I moved Baitco's "honey hole" but now I cann't remember where I put it?? confused.gifgrin.gif

On the serious side. People have to realize that diesel pickups are HEAVY! They break up bridges worse then anything I have ever seen on the lake.

wall eyell be

Quote:

Yes I moved Baitco's "honey hole" but now I cann't remember where I put it??

That's OK, I think Jigglestick has the GPS coordinates for the new location. And I'm sure he'd be happy to post them here for all of us.

ozzy

I think the GPS location is in the center of the bowl of cheerios on the kitchen table grin.gif

kelly-p

With the sly grin Buddy has on his face today I'ld guess he found it but he ain't talking. grin.gif

bieganekbaitco

Bud didnt want anyone to know he ran out of gas with the plow truck right on top of the "Honey Hole". blush.gif He is the king!!!!! Hey Kelly, Chip Lear taped a segment for "Fishin The Wild Side" tv show today right on top Frankie D's sweet spot, he caught and released some beauties.