Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jmnhunter

Drivable Ice?

9 posts in this topic

hey, went home down in the cities for x-mas, and was wondering if most lakes are now drivable now with that week of friget air? Cant wait to come up with my house! thanks,

jn

JN, hows it going? Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Drivable ice? I dunno about that. I'm planning on heading up there in a few days and head over to Winnie. Maybe try Bemidji also. We're planning on using a 4wheeler and trailer. I don't think I would trust the ice with a truck just yet. See ya in a few weeks!

-MGH-

Put the house out today and measured 16 inches of ice. I have not driven my suburban out yet, but we did drive a ford explorer. The east side of the lake is really really rough ice. It is like sharp glass sticking up out of the ice for the first about 1/4 mile.

Good luck out there and be safe.

Woodman,

Going out a lot this week since no teaching. Did u use Nymore access...Email me...I have some spots out there and am real curious about the ice in the areas I want to go. Sounds like you may be close to where I want to head out to...

I have no 4-wheeler but may end up buying one by weeks end!!!!I need one!!!!

Beef

Beef,

If you need a 4-wheeler just steal mine, that's what Woodman did!!! smirk.gif

That's because Woodman and I make so much in teaching....At the rate I am getting paid I may be able to retire by 70--SWEET....

Buying one tonight---Found a Polaris Sportsman 500 low miles, big tire kit, for $3,000....

Is that a good deal????

Beef

Beef- You better jump on that wheeler. You can drop it off at my house and I will break it in for you. grin.gif

What year?? Sounds like a great deal if it's newer than '97!

I GOT ONE!!!

2000 Polaris Sportsman 500

Even has a new plow!!!!!

Now if this darn freezing rain would quit, I could use it to get back on the lake!!!!!

Beef