Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fisherman 66

North Center Report

10 posts in this topic

Went out on 12/24 in the morning 10 1/4 inches of ice. Did very well for crappies 30 in less than 3hours. Then moved a little shallower for sunies caught 12 in a half hour.

Any advice on depth you were fishing? Thanks for the report!

I was fishing in about 16' for crappies then moved to about 14' for sunfish. Fish bit very well and so I tried different lures all with success.

Thanks for the info fisherman!

Fisherman 66, sounds like you had a great day. I took my 6 year old out to North Center on 12/26. We set up on the south side. Near the 34' hole. Fished in 27' and only got six crappies in 3 hours. When the fish came, they were at aboout 18 to 23 feet. I think we should have set up in around 20' or so of water. Any suggestions? The kids (three of them under 7)love to fish but get boared quikly with out action.

Thanks,

Lights

I fished it sunday and did pretty good on the sunnies, 4 crappies and a 16" bass. fished in about 10 ft of water. what are the people catching in the huge ice shack city near that main island? i just find my own place far away from people n always do good on numbers just not always on size. i found about 11" of ice out there, most people were driving on all the area lakes which was suprising but i guess its decent ice for smaller vehicles.

Move north just south of Doctors Island. The crappies are thick there and should show up on a locator. Small minnows and I do mean small is one of the keys to catching fish. Good Luck Lights!

Fisherman 66, you are very kind with your info. If you see a green eskimo, babe winkelman style, out there it might be me. I'll gladly move if i'm on your hotspot. Thanks again!

fisherman 66, Thanks for the info. If you ever see a purple Otter Lodge, one bald 35 year old in a black NWA 3/4 lenght jacket chasing some kids. laugh.gif Thats me and you will know why I am bald grin.gif Just kiddin there good kids. Stop by and say hi.

PS. Is there a closer access to that end of the lake? I'm still walking out. I will not put the kids in danger (driving out). The wife would kill me if I did.

Thanks,

Mark

No public access on that end of the lake.