• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

typical

russ

4th and 4.

Midfield.

1:30 left in the game.

Have not stopped any offense in 3 years, much less Brett Favre.

Chance to win the Division.

You Punt.

Bye Bye...

I believe my mother, at 85 yoa and her church circle group could score on a passing play aginst the Vikes.

On the packers last touchdown it sure looked like the Viking linebacker (#56 or #54) held his arms out to help break the fall of the Packer receiver so he wouldn't fall to hard in the end zone. Thats was all he did, watch the guy catch the ball and ease his fall.

As far as I am concerned, Matt Birk lost the game for them with that stupid holding penalty on their last drive. Instead of 1st and 10 on the 40 and continuing their scoring drive the had 1st and 25 on the other 35 and lost all momentum/lost the game.

4th and 5 with lots of time on the clock for Farve. They should have went for it. If we didn't make it at least there might have been time for one last drive. With 2 minutes or less you know Farve will come thru which he did. Bad play selection with 1st and 25 with a run. Should have came out slinging the ball. You think Tice is thinking what job he might have for next year? If we lose to Washington that will be the nail in the coffin (IMO). I think it is bad if we have to back into the playoffs with a Carolina or Rams loss. I hope they win and put the pressure on Tice. A bit of de-ja-vu.

tice better be booted, we have lost many games of late becuase he has been relieing on this worthless defense to win the game. we have one of the best offenses in the nfl, yet lets see if our defense can hold, and win the game. I said the same thing, why not go for it on 4th down. we probably have a better than a 50/50 chance to get a first down. and the defense has about a 0/100 chance of stopping any offense. good buy tice!

we can't back into the playoffs. This scenario would never work as we have a team that has no talent, cannot execute, and never seizes the moment, but wouldn't it be something to get the NFC 6 seed and the pack get the NFC 3 seed and win at Lambeau? Impossible though because our team has no heart and couldn't win at Washington if spotted a two touchdown lead.

I'm going to play the conspiracy theory card here for just a second.

The refs totally screwed the vikes with the two penalties on their last drive. The hold by Birk was how o-linemen block in the NFL on every run play. Are you telling me the packers didn't hold once during the last drive or the game for that matter. With 3 min to go the refs need to swallow he whistles and let the players play. Against the lions the pass interference call at the end of the game was horrible too! Ball was not catchable and the offense initiated the contact, almost cost us that game.

If Tice went for it, Linnehan would have probably called another reverse pass with Moss and the pack would have still beat us.

Bottom line is we cant stop anyone and the linebackers are a major cause of that. But the sad thing is we could play and beat the pack at lambeau and with a fumble or two from Vick we could be in the nfc championship game OR we will lose to wash and miss the playoffs again!

Here's my take after watching the Indy game on Sunday. The Vikings didn't lose, cause the head coach didn't have the balls to keep his best players on the field. There is no way they should have punted on that 4th and 4 or 5 or whatever it was. Keep you best unit(the offense) on the field and pick up the first down. Did anyone watch the Indy game? They had what 4th and like 12 in their own teritory no less and went for it with more time on the clock than in the Vikings game. Bottome line, Tice played conservative and got burned by his poor defense again.

I may be wrong but wasn't Indy down by 8 at the time. If so, we are talking apples and oranges. This is very much like the option pass from a couple weeks ago. If it works, hero, if not, (Contact US Regarding This Word). If he went for it, got stopped and then gave up the winning score he would be BBQ'd for that also. It is a no win situation when you lose the game.

If there was a mistake it was calling the running play on 2nd and 25. Any decent amount of yardage would have given them a chance to convert on that series of downs.

fishyguy,

Yea, I think you are right in the fact that Indy was down 8 and the Vikes were tied. I'll give you that, good point.

I agree with you on the 2nd and 25 call. A screen would have probably been a better call or some type of short route pass with a chance to get some RAC yards.

Downtoearth,

Yes, a screen would have been nice since all the DB's and LB's were most likely in deep drops and Bennett is very good at screens. Unfortunately, even had they made the right calls the end result probably would be the same. If it wasn't probable we wouldn't be having this conversation in a thread with a subject heading of "typical".

Yeah the result would have been the same... Benett for 26 yards and a first down Vikes!!! NO wait a minute... we have another flag on the play... this one coming in way late... it looks like 2nd and 35 now for the vikes. It's the NFL doing it's best to give Brett Favre a nice going away present. mad.gif