Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whitefishchainfisher

whitefish/cross/trout

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone has been out on Whitefish, Cross, or Trout yet. In the past years I have stuck to the smaller lakes in the winter but this year Id like to give Whitefish a try.

~Merry Christas

We have had some customers out on crosslake so far and ice was 6-8 inches on thursday so was ok-they found some eyes and a few nice northerns.

I'll tell you what, that Whitefish Chain is really underfished for the quality of fishing it has. Especially in the winter. Like many of our lakes they are sometimes tough to navigate with all the channels and areas with thin ice. Upper, middle, and lower all have some really nice structure for ice fishing walleyes. Lots classic structure like points and hard bottom bars. Get a good map it would be worth a scouting run. Good Luck to you on the big golden walleyes up there. Don't be afraid to use big golden shiners up there. This fall we hit big time with big baits. Don't forget the lake trout after the season starts. That can be a blast.

Jason Erlandson

Do you know any good guides for the chain?

Are you looking for a winter or summer guided trip?

Hi mudman why don't you just send me an email. A couple of guides that I run out of my shop are very knowledgeable on the Whitefish chain. We fish it a lot in the summer and one of my guides just put a house up there last week. So we will be fishing it quite a bit in the next few weeks. So email me so I can help you out.

Jason Erlandson