Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Brock

Adrians road??

Brock

Ill be at LOTW on the day after x-mas. I was just wondering going out from the wigwam resort on adrians road out past 4 mile island how thick the ice is? and how the fishing is? Maybe how deep you all are fishing?

bturck

Brock: Check back 1 post "Crossing Pine". This should give you the information you're looking for. I'm headed up the same day, same area. Hope you have a good trip. Good luck and hang on. Bill

Brock

Bill is pine island the same as 4 mile? im not aquainted with the area enough to know this stuff haha. Sorry.

bturck

If you are going onto the lake at Wheelers Point you will go accross 4 mile bay to Pine Island. Adrians resort plows a road out from Wheelers Point and stake it out for travel. THe access fee is $5, a reasonable price to have good roads to travel. You might want to stop at Adrians and check with him if you have any other questions. We stay at Riverbend which is the next resort and use Adrians road as well. Bill

JollyT

Went out last Sun. thru Tues. in a Cherokee on Adriens road. At least a foot. With the cold weather the last couple days, I've heard 17"+ past Pine. Should only get thicker.

themink

two of us went out this morning, bout 17 inches of ice, but terrible fishing, fished from 8 30 till 1 and caught one little sauger and one big burbot, moved three times but didnt seem to matter

BobD

Sorry mink, but ya gotta remember walleyes are walleyes and cold fronts they do not like ,,,,looks like it will hold steady temps for awhile,,don't give up. hey Bill how ya doin? I won't make it up this year over xmas ,,,we'll be up the weekend of feb. 19th tho,,,hope to meet you then...Good Luck and HANG ON YOURSELF!

Bob

bturck

Bob: We are headed up in Feb 23,24 and 25. We'll at least compare some notes. Also going to be there March 17,18. and 19. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and I always try to just hang on. LOL Bill cool.gifooo.gif

Stan7600

I talked to Adrian's yesterday, we're going up Dec. 26th also, fishing in their houses. Plenty of ice now, everyone will be able to drive out . There is more than 16" of ice in the bay and out plenty far on the lake. Good luck. The fishing was great 2 weeks ago when we were there. smile.gif Stan C.

hanson

Adrian's Road Update!! (12-25-04)

The road/trail is in great shape. There is not much snow on the lake at all. There is bare ice with random drifting with the snow being 2-4 inches deep at the drifts. There are hardside houses everywhere up and down Pine Island. The ice is plenty thick enough in the area that all the houses are, I would say 16-20" in places. We ventured out to the outer edge of the houses, almost immediately at the end of Adrian's Rd and found a tad more than 12" of ice. In less than a 1/8th to a 1/4 of a mile the ice was 6-8" difference in thickness. I would under no circumstances head out into the great unknown without checking the ice along the way. If you are among the houses, no problem.

CSTPETER

Brock, I was out yesterday. The road over pine is in good shape with one small crack right on the lake side of Pine. There are a ton of resort houses out and more being towed out every hour. I set up right at the end of the houses in about 28' and had steady action all day. It was just myself and I managed 29 fish in about 5 hours. The majority were under 12" but I did manage to keep 7 13-14". I caught nothing on the deadstick, every fish was caught using a 1/8 oz forage minnow tipped with a smalll shiner head. They really had to be coaxed off the bottom but once they chased it up they almost always hit it. I'll be up again on thursday to give it another shot.

Muskie_Man

Heading up on tuesday morning, On adrian's road

Hope to have a good time