• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

My pup made the move.

wallydiver

Well, she turned from an outside dog to an inside dog yesterday. I figured she needs to be around people more and I never even hunt when it's too cold anyway. So she got a bath and is living in the basement and loving life!

That's great. It should be fun for both of you!. I think that it is kind of a Christmas present for both of you. But you say downstairs.. just wait.. your pup will probably be making it's way upstairs before you know it. But that will be even more fun for ya. grin.gif

Happy Holidays!

"hooks"

Oh, she's already making it upstairs. But I've got a 3 Month old daughter, which the dog is VERY good with. But i've also got a 3 year old son who gets plowed over by Raven all the time. So it'll take a little anti-jump training and she'll be up there.

Congratulations...this will be great for you and the kids. And if you think this will make her less of a hunter you are wrong. I have my dogs with me in the house,sleeping with the kids and living the life of luxury, but people are always impressed with the passion and stamina of my dogs when it comes to hunting. They take the cold as well as I can too!!

lt

Good to see you got the pup in the house. Hope the kids get used to it and have some fun. My dogs are in the house and spoiled as ever. Not sure if I mentioned it but we have 2 GWPs now. Good luck with the jumping and potty training! Talk to you later.

That jumping trick I learned on here from labs4me is working like a charm and the potty training is (dare i say)... done. She hasn't had an accident in the house yet and it's been a few days. check your email, i sent you some pics of the ice house. Good to hear you got another dog, my wife won't let me get another one - yet.

I have been owned by Labradores my whole adult life. I try to make a good human for my pups.

Out of all of the advice I have read on this forum the advice given by LabsForMe has always seemed to be, good sound advice. I always key into what he has to say. It is abvious that he knows his stuff!

The well trained Dog, Has a well trained owner!

My outside hunting dog never turned into an outside hunting dog. She has been an inside hunting dog since we got her. She is a basement dog for the most part. She has the run of the basement, but likes to spend 95% of the time on the top step against the gate. It is crazy how much dogs love to be by people. We have a lab and I think she would rather be sitting by us than eating. The only downfall is the shedding. Wow does she shed in the winter. This is her first full winter with us and she loses about two dogs worth of hair. Oh well, at least that makes us vacuum the basement and steps every other day or so!

We always had our two doggies inside all the time. Our Chocoloate Lab (we just put her down on the 15th) - she was 15 and that dog would sleep in bed and cuddle up with you. She was the best lover but also the best hunting dog. We also have a german short-hair as well - same deal - a lover and a hunter - living the life of luxury! They just fit right in like members of the family.

Bexter, I am sarry for your loss. I have a 8 year old female lab now, and like yours, are spoiled as heck.

Yes, they are members of the famaly.

Some nights she wont let me sleep on my side of the bed grin.gif