Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bear709

looking for a good place to catch fish

3 posts in this topic

I just stumbled upon this website and found it interesting. I am bringing my two young sons to Winnie for there first "up-north" fishing trip this weekend and they have heard all Grandpas storys of the big fish he got on Winnie so needless to say their expectations are high. The problem is, Grandpa isn't going and I have no idea where to fish. We are going to spear in the morning and then fish later in the day and all night... can anyone help? I am unfamiliar with the lake (been to McCavity bay once) so I need specifics.... GPS coordinates would be great!! smile.gif I'd really hate to let the little guys down and not catch any! Thanks!! Merry Christmas!

I wont give any GPS numbers but if you get a map alot of them are on there. The best has been the humps out in the center of the lake for the walleye's and they have been catching perch on the north end by tamarack point. and some on the humps too.

good luck

Jason

I thought last year was really a great year for both perch and walleye. We did very well early in the season on the north end for perch (off Bowens) and down by Moses later in Jan and Feb. I haven't really seen much posting on the perch bite. Has it picked up yet?