Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish'n guy

Spearing on Shields

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone spear pike on Shields or know of any good spots to spear, or is the water clarity not good enough. I enjoy spearing very much but I have had poor luck the last few years and would like to try Shields for some pike on Sunday or monday. I mostly spear on Rays lakes in elysian and clear in Waseca. I have never been to Shields in the winter, but I have heard that there are good numbers of pike so I am ancious for any help and please have a safe and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know of any spearing houses on Shields, although I'm sure someone will post here letting you know about where they usually go. But,just up the road to the ESE is LakeMazaska, & there are usually about 5-10 spear-shacks just North of Bullrush Bay. They are usually accessed by taking the gravel road by Hirdler Park(just off Hwy 21,to the North), but go straight ahead, instead of turning into the park. About a 1/4 mile just after the road goes down a

slight hill. look to your right. The property owner, in the past, has let people park there. This may have

changed , as some &$%*?!!'s have decided to leave their trash there too often. But, hopefully you can find

access there, should you choose to try the lake.

Good Luck!

Thanx MNsportsman!!! Does any one have any recent reports on shields I am thinking of hitting it tommorow and would really appreciate some info!!!

I don't remember seeing or hearing about much spearing on shields. But as MNsportsman said i always see many dark houses on mazaska.

Most people usually set up for spearing to the south of Heron island.I've been spending time on German and don't have any current info on Sheilds. I know it was good in that area last year.

Thank you all for your info I really appreciate it. I will have to hit Shields another time but at least I have a starting point. GOOD FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!!!